F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Almost ready for spring!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommysf4i
Insted of sprucing up the bike with aftermarket updates, why do you not get rid of that chicken stripe??
I don't know if this was aimed at me or the OP but my guess is cause it's freakin winter??? Not bringing skill level or anything into this, it's cold, wet, and in the case of where i'm from lots of sand/gravel on the road from runoff. So if you can't ride why not spruce up the bike?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Insted of sprucing up the bike with aftermarket updates, why do you not get rid of that chicken stripe??

U mad?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by heyitsmelam
you should put air in your tires
1. Air pressure is fine.

2. I do alot of highway riding my tire is almost shot and bald in the center.

3. It is in storage for the winter.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
hey Gint: where in NY are you? What kind of hugger is that? Is it a chain guard as well? Do you have any other pics of it? I'm thinking of putting one on my F4

Thanks
It is a hotbodies hugger. Yes it is a chain guard as well. I do have a couple more pics but idk if i will post them.

Last edited by gint; 02-22-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by FAEL0401
I love the brightness of the new LEDS. How hard was the installation? Is it basically plug and play?
The LEDs were a moderate difficulty. If the undertail was off the bike it would have been easier. Here is a quick write up:

1. Remove the lights from the housing. There is an epoxy holding them in there. I used a box cutter and cut it away. The lights push in towards the inside of the undertail.

2. you pop the black backing out of the lens. This was difficult and i cracked the first lens a little. Be patient and take your time.

3. The 1.85 board fits in the back of the lens perfectly. Just silicone the back of the led board and and the very front edge around the border of the board to seal it in the lens.

4. Let that cure, then slide the lights back in and secure it with whatever glue you want. I used hot glue.

TIP: There is a small tab in the lens make sure that is on the same spot on both boards. Also, when you put the lights in the undertail make sure the lenses light diffusers are up and down with the DOT emblem at the bottom.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 PM

I have a quote for you from a great comedian:

Live your dam life and get your hustle on and understand that people are going to hate you regardless of what you do. Get that out of your head, that fantasy world where people are not hating on you. You got to be grateful, you need haters. What the **** are you complaining about??? What the **** do you think a haters job is??? It is to ****ing hate!!! So let that ***** ****a do their dam job. What the **** are you complaining about.

Guys!!! If you got 20 haters, then you need to find 40 of them. So what the **** are you complaining about?

If there are any haters around who don’t have anybody to hate on, then feel free to hate on me. - Katt Williams

Old 02-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gint
It is a hotbodies hugger. Yes it is a chain guard as well. I do have a couple more pics but idk if i will post them.
PM them if you want... and where you bought it from... thanks...

Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered these LED boards. Thanks for the write up Gint. You can't put a price on visibility from the rear.

Does the Lens just pop out from the backing? Or is it bonded with epoxy?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:52 AM

There is a strong glue in there. Be careful and just go completely around the edge with a small flat head screw driver before you try to pull thwm apart

Old 02-25-2011, 09:34 AM

Bike looks great. I luv the look of the hugger, i wish i had one.

Quick Reply: Almost ready for spring!