Old 08-07-2007, 05:30 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Almost got taken out

You didn't tick me off, but in your first post you were going 85ish

around town, nothing fast just cruising
Now you clarified by writing

The fork is on a freeway
I guess I figured you were going 85 in a 45 zone (around town), not 85 in a 70 zone (freeway), from there I just kept on typing. Whatever the case is, the important thing is that when we ride, we have to remember how hard we are to see, especially for old people. When we ride fast, their eyes andbrains can't comprehend something that was so small a second ago is right in the space they are moving to. We recently had a fatalaccident around here of a kid on a Gsxr driving into the side of a car pulling out onto A1A, he was moving fast, they were old.

Anyway, not ticked off, just trying to makethe point thatit doesn't matter who isright or wrong on the road, the biker is always punished.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ampfp

So whichever brake you press... that wheel can skid out right?
if you have to...front...it'll want to stand the bike up...unless you're going downhill then it'll most likely wash out.
the rear will want to slide out or turn in if you step on it...in a lean when the suspension and rear tire has load on it, it won't lock up as if you were going straight and braking with front as well.

it's good to do drills like at the MSF, although they say upright bike before braking, it'll do it on its own unless you're going downhill...

Old 08-07-2007, 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: VoodooStar

jeez fish, didn'mean to tick you off...

Anyways, I wasn't trying to be irresponsible in anyway. The fork is on a freeway, 2 lanes on the left go to 183, 2 lanes on the right are 35E, one center lane that divides on each freeway. It's a saturday evening with barely any traffic. I come into the sweeper, do a quick check on everything, few cars in the leftmost 2 lanes to go onto 183, a few cars that I passed now behind me to go onto 35E, I pick the last but one lane on the right so that any morons on the left who want to change their mind at the last minute atleast have one lane on my left to hit 35E. Still checking & I see the pickup charge from the leftmost lane right onto me. Now I did try to accelerate but the dude was fast, etc, etc.. it's all up there. And my speed, well 85ish indicated is probably 77ish & seriously thats not too fast on an open freeway.

And if you think about it, I didn't freak out & got in a wreck, in fact I came out nice & clean, I was aware of what all was happenin around me & did the best that could be done.

The only bad I probably did in this situation was to flip the guy off, that was wrong...

That said, a couple of times I've had to slow down in turns & once a hard stop & all the times it's straighten her up do your braking & get on it again. I was just wondering if there was some way to use your brakes midway in a turn, not trail braking.

And yes we do need a riding skills/tips section where everyone could share their driving techniques, etc.

Peace

pfftt im from texas mang.. ppl dont watch out for bikers... **** happens like this all the time mang! i know where your talking about 183 and 35e! roads are bad out there and inbreeding talking on cell phone people driving... i would have took a mirror with me but thats im sorry but 85 here in dfw isnt really speeding its actually kind of slow most traffic threw 183/635 is about 85-100mphs.. not tomention it was a saturdayevening? most people around dfwthurs/fri/sat/sunday night are intoxicated becausethere are alot of clubs/bars around.. just glad to see that you didnt go down! holla at me mang we are going to have to go riding sometime =] heres a clip ofcharity events for some of our friends that were cut offby drivers notlookingin blind spots before switching lanes or cutting us off because they didnt want to take the wrong exit

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qGi-IzfoAK8

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...Hito/wow-1.jpg
(the link above were for my two friends that wrecked... both were due to cars pulling out and not looking before doing so, and both were different times/different city's/same day)

Old 08-07-2007, 03:15 PM

I usually dont post stories like this but since the thread has been started.My friend and I were cruisng down the interstate ay 75mph .Im in the left side of theleft lane and my friend is the right side of the middle lane.Mind you theres a far right lane that is empty.Some retarded *** cager comes flying up on us at like 90 and splits my friend and I.So this car is strattling the dotted lines running down the interstate gets ahead of us and comes over into the lane infront of me.Then thats when I noticed this ******* is driving this car with government plates on it.I was so pissed and in so much disbelief at what i had just witnessed I forgot to get the plate number[:@]

Old 08-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....it's double points when you get caught doing a$$hatery in a govt. vehicle!!!!!!!!!