F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

akrapovic slip on fuel map?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default akrapovic slip on fuel map?

I'm looking for a PCIII fuel map for my '01 F4i, with an Akra slip on, and currently stock airfilter. The PC site doesnt have that exact map, and I am not sure which one would be close. plus, this is my first time trying to use and or modify a map, so I would like to find something that is pretty close that hopefully wont need much work.

anyone have any ideas?

Old 03-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Default RE: akrapovic slip on fuel map?

i had the same prob they told me to use the micron slip on. works great just use that one and youll be set k

Old 03-19-2007, 04:42 PM

I got the same infor from them. Did you find that you needed a power commander with the Akra? I'm debating whether to get one or not. I just put my Akra on, but haven't insured the bike yet.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:46 PM

actually, the I bought the bike with the power commander already on it, loaded with a zero map. so I dont know if its really needed or not.
most people say that is not neccessary to have one if your only adding a slip on.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:10 PM

I was looking at the akra for my '04 and was told the same thing that the PC may not be neccessary

Old 03-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get it set up on a dyno--every engine is different--youll get better fuel economy too!

Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 AM

the pc isnt required for it but the pc gives u the full range to tune when needed and smooth out the much needed curves in it to deliver more precise power. i think the pc is worth every penny and would recomend it even without the slip on. im about to put on a custom header to complete it so im glad i got it now

Old 05-07-2008, 05:01 AM

I just fitted my Akrapovic slip on, first of all I got the carbon fibre race version, it ways nothing its almost scarey compared to stock muffler.

I also fitted a powercommander to it at the same time, i rode it with the zero setup - pre loaded mapping, it was a improvement but

value wise probably not worth it. I then loaded the 108-016 map as suggested by a DynoJet technician, it is a setup for F4i with two brothers

slip on with stock or K&N filter. WOW no crap that front wheel came up like never before, I have not had a chance to really try it only gone up

and down street a handful of times but it now sounds as good as it looks and goes heaps better no doubt. I think it improved midrange heaps

thats where i believe the f4i's need a little extra.

Both Akra slip on & power commander were so user friendly to install, I am glad I spent the money.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:03 AM

Where did you guys get your akra's from? I looked on their site, and didn't see anything for the f4i on there.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:57 PM

JimmyF4i

When I contacted the DynoJet guys they told me to use the 108-007 Micron Map. I never got a PC cause the bike seemed to run just fine without it. Maybe I should reconsider. What year is your f4i, and did you get it new? What do you mean by "race version"? Mine is just carbon fibre but it didn't say "race version". Is there a difference?

Kroberts:

I got my Akra (carbon)from: http://www.indysuperbike.com

I paid $393.95 & $21.36 shipping

They were a pleasure to deal with. I think they are much more on their website now, but I would call them. They are very helpful.

Quick Reply: akrapovic slip on fuel map?