F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Air duct LED's??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air duct LED's??

Alright, so this summer as I was browsing through ALL of the posts on here, i stumbled across someone putting LED's attached to the turn signals inside the air duct. I am gonna do this over my christmas break and i was just going to wing it, but i was wondering if someone had that post bookmarked or something. I ran a search and couldn't find it, don't know if i'm just looking in the wrong places or something.

I'm mostly just looking for a little direction in terms of wiring and placement.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Air duct LED's??

whose did you see lol. Been a few of us do it a few diff ways. I used common angle brackets n the LED tag bolts for walmart. Grant it I did change the white LEDs out for amber ones. And then I just spliced and soldered them in with the flush mounts.

heres the vid I made when I first did em. The new amber LEDs are brighter too.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...96291370373490

Old 12-15-2007, 12:56 PM

I know which thread you are talking about but as far as I remember that air duct led was a replied comment to an peg or flush mount led thread..... < I could be wrong. it was a good while back.
as fas as the wiring; its simple. if you are not sure then look up how the peg leds were put together(same process).

what I would do is, take of the grill. measure the grill and mark the spots where you think its equidistant. I think wiring is a joke, making sure that they are alligned might take some time .
good luck and let us know what happens.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:03 PM

i think youre talking about mine......

https://cbrforum.com/m_389800/tm.htm

if thats the one your looking at doing, i can help you if you have any questions, just shoot me a pm.

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:01 PM

thats an awesome mod! Im gonna do that, but im gonna use superflux LEDs from oznium.com. I know the ower of the company and his product is great!

Old 12-16-2007, 01:23 PM
July 2008 ROTM

The superflux LEDs might be a bit of a PITA to fit in the pegs, Brandon. Would be sweet, though.

Edit: I'm dumb, this thread was about the air duct LEDs. Yes, the superflux LEDs would work pretty well for those. Hah.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Aken

The superflux LEDs might be a bit of a PITA to fit in the pegs, Brandon. Would be sweet, though.

Edit: I'm dumb, this thread was about the air duct LEDs. Yes, the superflux LEDs would work pretty well for those. Hah.

Thank you Aken lol. Im a fan of the superflux, they look amazing in the vents of Samantha's car, so i can only imagine what they would look like in the air duct.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:57 PM

Yea Axsys, i was looking for your write up, thanks alot for that. but i am going to be using the LED's from oznium. going for more of the "ghost" look, i don;t want to see the LED's themselves, just the resulting light inside. and I am going to try to use them for the footpeg intall too, we'll see how that goes. I have access to a machine room with a reallt nice drill press that measures out the distances for you, so hopefully that will help me out a bit. i will have a couple instal/ how-to's coming after the holidays, getting some goodies for christmas.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 PM

oznium.com FTW!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:08 AM

Brandon... how much do they pay you per "plug" ??? haha

Quick Reply: Air duct LED's??