CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Air box baffle things? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/air-box-baffle-things-117807/)

jp_greenville13 10-19-2010 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Xander F4i (Post 978561)
Do you have any trouble riding in a downpour with straight tubes?

Rain isn't that big of an issue. Your engine will suck that little bit of water in and blow it back out no problems. It's mass ammounts off solid water you have to worry about hydrolocking things up. If you're riding in sh*t like that you had better get out of the pond/lake/river/ocean

Jay_J 10-19-2010 09:07 PM

Well I pulled those baffle things out. Didn't notice anything except a little bit louder intake sound which I kinda like.

drunkinmist 10-20-2010 10:11 PM

Can i get a pic of what your talking about i am thinking of going HID this winter. An problems with other people flashing you?

Jay_J 10-21-2010 11:26 PM

I'll take a pic when I do the install. HIDs were on back order and shipped today. Should have them next week. I ride with my brights on all the time well untill the bulb went out but no one ever flashed me. Honestly I'd they flash me that means they see me and I'm ok with that.

dorklord 10-22-2010 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by drunkinmist (Post 978961)
Can i get a pic of what your talking about i am thinking of going HID this winter. An problems with other people flashing you?

I've got regular bulbs and I have trouble with people flashing me. Generally I can keep my concentration on the road, but I'm worried some other car is going to rear end me or something when they are staring...

I always thought that was one of the hazards that goes with F4i ownership. :icon_wink:

Xander F4i 10-22-2010 08:27 AM

When people flash you are you running at them with your high beam? Or just your low beam?

I run +35 bulbs, so they are definitely bright. I run both during the day until the sun sets where I'm riding then start dimming down to low when. A car is coming towards me.

600F4inoober 10-22-2010 10:16 AM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jay_J (Post 979354)
I'll take a pic when I do the install. HIDs were on back order and shipped today. Should have them next week. I ride with my brights on all the time well untill the bulb went out but no one ever flashed me. Honestly I'd they flash me that means they see me and I'm ok with that.

I have DDM HID 8000k's 35W. I get flashed even with the low beam...I have used the high beam twice since I bought them and after seeing people literally holding their hands over their face (like every single oncoming car) I decided it is downright wrong to ever run the highbeam with other cars around. Trust me, the low beam is enough, and even then, it is too much. Our reflective housings were not made for HID's..the light just bounces around everywhere..It really is blinding....dont worry people can see you with the low beam HID's..they actually will squint and become annoyed which means they may swirve into you...just be courteous

and don't get me wrong..I LOVE my HID's...but people are posting about running their highbeams...which is rarely ever applicable or cool
Attachment 52856
Attachment 52857
Attachment 52858
Attachment 52859
Attachment 52860

drunkinmist 10-24-2010 01:47 PM

So what did you Cut?

Jay_J 10-25-2010 06:49 PM

I didn't cut anything. The baffles just pull out. I get my HIDs tomorrow I'll post pics of what I'm talking about.