F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Aftermarket Side Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket Side Mirrors

i think its this months super street bike mag that has a review on like 15 different kinds of bike mirrors,
most of them have integrated lights
and some are hella expensive

you might wana check it out

as for a rear view camera , i was walking around canadian tire yesterday killing time and saw a rear view cam and screen for sale

Old 05-09-2008, 11:26 AM

Wow...I thought I was the only one with this problem [8D] Can't see crap without tucking my elbow in and tilting my head to see a glimpse of a car behind me

sometimes tough on the highway to turn my head as helmet acts like a giant sail and cranks on my neck lol

Good to know it ain't just me

Goose

Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 PM

have the same problem...you could get those mirrors that connect to the end of the handle bars...never used em but im sure they wouldnt get in the way as much

Old 05-09-2008, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: e3gordon

This is a lil off topic, but has anyone ever seen aftermarket mirrors four an F4i with built in turn signals on them? Similar to the ones on new Suzuki's
You have to do some modifications to your bike and the signals.......I did it on mine and loved it for a while....now Im thinking on going back to stock.....I took them off and have block off plates on now. But you can see EVERYTHING behind you with them on.

Heres how they look......and I got them for 35 bucks from a friend who was parting out his 07 1000.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8743/359723C7F0884AACB90376E39E75A966.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-09-2008, 12:26 PM

Here are the cheap ones from eBay.....which you cant see ANYTHING behind you with!

[IMG]local://upfiles/8743/AA691469AC314982B7BA46DEA2D4FAAE.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-09-2008, 08:00 PM

Well since this is a bigger problem then anyone thought i will post the links to the products and website links:

jda customs
+ Nice Finish
- Dated design

OPP Racing
+ High End Look
- High end price

CRG ( the Small bar end mirrors )
+ Tiny Size
- Little Visibility

Lockhart Phillips ( Another set of bar end mirrors )
+ Large Mirrors
- Extended width

Roaringtoyz
+ Multiple position design
- Square mirrors

ST piggy 2 Mirrors
+ Mulit color integrated Turn signals
- Small Sight area

Shock Racing
+ Useable Visibility
- Only works on side mounts

PPM Custom
+ Great Looking
- Limited Adjustments

Magical Racing
+ Impressive Styling
- Most Expensive !!

So this is what was in Superstreetbike mag this week i pick them up cause everyone needs something to read while on the jon jj
Hope this helps some people

Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 PM

here's a crazy idea.. while riding, take your left hand and put it on the passenger seat. Now, turn your shoulders counter-clockwise, and turn your head to the left. Isn't that amazing? You can see directly behind you perfectly! (I prefer this over just turning my head because you can look directly behind you without worrying about accidently turning the bars a little) [8D]

But honestly, I think the stock mirrors will be the best. I know with my LP mirrors, I can't see s**t.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:03 PM

i also have the same problem, and about them mirrors with integrated turn signals, they are all over ebay, take a look

Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 PM

I bought a pair of these on E-Bay last year:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...spagenameZWDVW

They're cheap ($29) and they look as good as such things could look.
Do they help? Well............. not as much as the pictures in his auction!!!!!
They do make the visibility about 10-15% better. They're not perfect, but I haven't taken them off, so they must be better!
Problem is, because of the way the mirrors sit on the F4i (go look at yours) extending them by 2 inches moves them about 1.5 inches forward (what you don't want), and .5 inches sideways What you do want.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

here's a crazy idea.. while riding, take your left hand and put it on the passenger seat. Now, turn your shoulders counter-clockwise, and turn your head to the left. Isn't that amazing? You can see directly behind you perfectly! (I prefer this over just turning my head because you can look directly behind you without worrying about accidently turning the bars a little) [8D]

But honestly, I think the stock mirrors will be the best. I know with my LP mirrors, I can't see s**t.
problem is, when you're riding around crazy kmart school of driving graduate infested areas like ATL, you want to know what's going on behind you at ALL TIMES not just when you have a chance to take your focus off what's in front of you and turn to look. It's a matter of safety. But yeah, I've given up on the search because if you grab a mirror and position it exactly where you can see what's behind you without turning your head or sitting back or pulling your elbow in, you'll quickly realize the mirrors would have to be spaced way out to the sides beyond anything reasonable (because we sit so close up to the mirrors) extensions & CRG barend style ones probably help but they still aren't the solution .. p.s. I read some negative reviews about those helmets with rear view mirrors (the main problem being that it only sees directly where your head is pointed and not much of a peripheral)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Side Mirrors