F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Aftermarket Side Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Side Mirrors

Howdy.

When I'm riding my '06 F4I, I notice that I can not see directly behind me, through my mirrors. The elbow pads of my jacket obstruct my line of sight. Does anyone else have this problem (unless you're a squid, and you don't wear a jacket)? Furthermore, are there any aftermarket mirrors that have longer arms, so that I can avoid this problem? Hell, I'd only need another inch or two.

Thanky

Old 10-03-2006, 12:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Aftermarket Side Mirrors

I have this problem, but I just adjust the mirrors the best I can, and move my head a little when I need a clearer shot at what's behind. I don't mind too much. However, I bought some "chrome" mirrors on Ebay and installed them, now I can't see Dick Butkus. They are advertised as small and light, and look cool in the photo, but they don't adjust very well. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:52 AM

i have the same problem, i have them adjusted so i can see the lanes next to me, and then i just move my elbow up if i need to look behind me, seems to be the best way to get everything into sight...ive heard bar end mirrors are good, but i dont like how they stick out from your handlebars

Old 10-03-2006, 02:34 AM

I sawed my mirror stalks approx in half, inserted enough 1/2" copper water pipe to extend them approx 2" more (cant remember exactly). I just epoxied the pipe in place, faired the joint at
each end with BONDO, sanded smooth, slightly roughened with fine grit, then painted gloss black. Makes for less stressful riding. You can see the both lanes like before but also can analyze car shapes
coming up on your tail for you know who.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:19 AM

i added the little 1 or 2 inch(cant remember size) convex circular mirrors on each mirror. helps me see alot better.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:03 PM
IDL

I recently managed to adjust my mirrors so I can see half the lane behind me, so that is enough to know if there is a car behind me. I rotated them counter clockwise so they kindof stick up in the air then adjusted them from there.
Before I couldn't see the lane behind me at all without moving my elbow. I still do move my elbow sometimes to get a good look but it's minimized.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:38 PM

i used to get annoyed by that but i pushed the mirrors as far forward as they can go and ajusted them from there.
now i can see directly behind in both mirrors with only a little bit of my shoulder/arm in the mirror.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pugetpower

....... Makes for less stressful riding. You can see the both lanes like before but also can analyze car shapes
coming up on your tail for you know who.
The only reason sportriders need mirrors he he he

Old 10-04-2006, 12:17 AM

I have the same problem. usually i have to either move by elbow in to my stomach or out in a comical fashion to even see half the lane behind me, then i hang off the bike to the side im looking to get the rest of the view. its just easier to turn around.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:16 PM

You could get mirror extenders, they're a little oval of material that go between the base of the mirror and the fairing. It raises the mirror by about an inch maybe? So the theory is you might see more. And they don't look too janky...

Let me know if anyone's actually used these, they're 60 bucks and are just little pieces of rubber or something so I haven't gotten them yet, such a ripoff...

http://www.motorcycle-road-and-race....ions-honda.php

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Side Mirrors