F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Aftermarket seats - opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
May 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Aftermarket seats

Originally Posted by Aken
Are you kidding? The banana seat on the F4i is probably one of the comfiest seats on a modern sport bike. Go ride an 04 600RR and tell me how your butt feels after that, lol.
Agreed. That banana seat is pretty damn comfy, but I guess compared to the brick of a seat that I have now, most other seats, would be an improvement. I might try that plywood idea. I can probably make one for less than 5 bucks. lol.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 AM
May 2009 ROTM
Thumbs up Aftermarket seats.

Well how much are you going to ride your bike?

It'd be like not bothering to spend a bit of money to replace an uncomfortable mattress. Hello, you go there EVERY DAY. Spend the money and improve your life, I say. I have the Corbin, it's very worth it, and you can find them for less than $200 if you're patient.
Well, so far I have 6200 miles. So, I am guess-timating about 70 miles a month at that pace. The issue is really the distance rides. But even if I only use it a few times a year, it surely beats being in pain after a long ride. I'll be patient and keep an eye out. Next good deal on one and its mine.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:00 AM

preparation H

Old 04-15-2009, 03:59 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by lgmendez
Well, so far I have 6200 miles. So, I am guess-timating about 70 miles a month at that pace. The issue is really the distance rides. But even if I only use it a few times a year, it surely beats being in pain after a long ride. I'll be patient and keep an eye out. Next good deal on one and its mine.
70 miles a month is NOTHING, man! Get out and ride that girl like she wants to be ridden! lol

Old 04-15-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by ep_houston
I just bought a brand new corbin seat off ebay for $185 shipped. It was well worth the money. It is so comfortable now, I love it. the only complain I have is that the front part of the seat is wider so when you put your feet down, you can feel the edge of the seat against the inside of the your thighs. but you only put your feet down at stop lights for short period of time so it's not a big deal.
This is why I bought direct from Corbin since the taylor the seat to your dimension. As for long rides I live 46 miles from work and ride every day the sun is out. After 6+ years with that seat, my butt is glad I paid the money. It is a little taller than the stock and take getting use to but definitly worth it.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 PM

lgmendez you need to concentrate on putting more than 70 miles a month on your bike man!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 PM

I have a corbin as well and love it. They take a quite a few miles to break in though. It was pretty hard on the *** for the first month or so but now I would not trade it for anything...I got mine on ebay and I also live in Canada so with shipping, duty it was 170$. I kept watching ebay and have seen some since then go for as cheap as 80$ used. Mine was new however I would still take a used one for that price. You can get your oem redone however I bet with gel or memory foam and new vinyl it will cost almost as much as a corbin...Any wich way you do it....it will be worth it...

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket seats - opinion-0408091733a.jpg   Aftermarket seats - opinion-0329091656.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:52 PM

I bought a corbin off a forum member last year and that thing was a major improvement. It didn't look like much when I got it but the shape makes the difference. I paid the guy $150 and am glad I did. Its true the sides of the seat do stick out a little further as the above post mentioned but you won't notice it. Find a used corbin.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 AM
May 2009 ROTM
Thumbs up Aftermartket seats

70 miles a month is NOTHING, man! Get out and ride that girl like she wants to be ridden! lol
Amen to that!!! How can I possibly say no to that!!!!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:48 AM
May 2009 ROTM
Default Aftermarket seat

Originally Posted by VTcbr
lgmendez you need to concentrate on putting more than 70 miles a month on your bike man!
Word to Big Bird!!! Its not because I haven't wanted too!! That's why that damn thing still looks like it did the day I bought it!! Well, almost like.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seats - opinion