F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Aftermarket seats - opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM
May 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Aftermarket seats - opinion

Hey Guys and gals, Just wanted an opinion of the folks out there who have heard of good replacements or bought a different main seat for the CBR. I am tired of getting beat up with the stock seat on long rides. Details and pics would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luis ( LGMENDEZ )

Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Talking

I have a Corbin seat for mine that really helped in that area. It is custom to my size and bike with a carbon fiber leather look and a pearl yellow trim that matches my bike spot on. It ran $250 6 years ago but was worth it compared to the stock one. I ride about 93 miles daily on it and I never really think about the seat anymore since it is that comfortable.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was lookin at corbins for a long time but never really committed because of the price.

another option is to reupholster it yourself. Scoop out the guts and put a nice soft pad on it and staple back up

Old 04-14-2009, 11:49 AM

Depending on your ability and patience, you can do a couple different foam densities and get a more comfortable one home made.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the idea of gel pads....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Extra...Q5fAccessories

but $85 DAMN!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:25 PM
May 2009 ROTM
Smile Aftermarket seats

Thanks for the replies all!!! I appreciate the feedback. I like the idea of doing my own. Corbin looks nice I'm sure, but hella pricey!!! Keep'em coming!!!

Luis

Old 04-14-2009, 04:18 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Well how much are you going to ride your bike?

It'd be like not bothering to spend a bit of money to replace an uncomfortable mattress. Hello, you go there EVERY DAY. Spend the money and improve your life, I say. I have the Corbin, it's very worth it, and you can find them for less than $200 if you're patient.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:20 PM

I just bought a brand new corbin seat off ebay for $185 shipped. It was well worth the money. It is so comfortable now, I love it. the only complain I have is that the front part of the seat is wider so when you put your feet down, you can feel the edge of the seat against the inside of the your thighs. but you only put your feet down at stop lights for short period of time so it's not a big deal.

I was thinking about putting gel or memory foam into the OEM seat but by the time you buy all the material and cutting up the seat, it may not be worth it. This case I still have my OEM seat so I can put it back when I sell the bike and sell the corbin seat seperately. They are hard to find....

Old 04-15-2009, 01:40 AM

I have an 04 (banana seat) and the only aftermarket I've seen is a 2 piece Corbin thats goin for like 300 bucks total...is there anything else out there besides the gel seat?? would really hate to reupholster my seat...may just replace it with plywood for the meantime for a slight upgrade in comfort

Old 04-15-2009, 04:06 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by nickpriv
I have an 04 (banana seat) and the only aftermarket I've seen is a 2 piece Corbin thats goin for like 300 bucks total...is there anything else out there besides the gel seat?? would really hate to reupholster my seat...may just replace it with plywood for the meantime for a slight upgrade in comfort
Are you kidding? The banana seat on the F4i is probably one of the comfiest seats on a modern sport bike. Go ride an 04 600RR and tell me how your butt feels after that, lol.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seats - opinion