F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Aftermarket Fairings

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bd2002F4i
How was the fitment on their stuff?
they fit really well, now saying that getting the rubber pieces from your old ferings ( the ones from the side cowls that attach to the front cowl ) in to the new ones will require a little work, the holes on the new plastics were a little smaller due to some material drying partially in the hole. all i did was put the parts on the bike made sure the holes lined up. then made sure the holes were the proper size . ( i just kept a drill bit that fit in the hole of the old ferring )

the duct covers that came i didnt use :P
the vent covers for the front i didnt use either but the mounts were off a smidge

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Fairings-0226eos-digital-rebel-xt19102008.jpg  
Old 04-03-2009, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Martins
they fit really well...

christ on a cracker. did you use anything to reflect the heat like foam or aluminum tape?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:44 PM

sorry was just answering the one question :P and isn't jesus a cracker in church already ?

The nicecycle stuff i received came with shielding on it, silver heat shielding tape ( large area tape ). i dont have a picture of it tho . its been on there for about 4 months worth of riding and no melting or defects at all.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Question

Speaking of those little rubber/plastic connetors - do any of you have recomendation as to where to go to get new ones for a good price?

Old 04-03-2009, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bd2002F4i
Speaking of those little rubber/plastic connetors - do any of you have recomendation as to where to go to get new ones for a good price?

you can't pull them out of the original fairings? i got really frustrated with trying to shove them back into those holes and i dont have a reemer for my dremel so i just put them on behind with a little locktite. i haven't had any vibrate loose on me yet anyways. <3 locktite.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:11 PM

if you are talking about the little rubber backers that go on the inside of the main fairings where the front cowl attaches to the fairing....why not just go down to honda and buy new ones? the reason those are bigger than the holes is so they wont come out, so drilling the holes bigger is kinda pointless...in fact it is a bad idea. as you tighten the screw, they get fatter. if you arent talking about those rubber things, then ignore what i just said.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:56 PM

i was very happy with my nicecycle.com fairing kit...get compliments on it everywhere...painted my tank the opposite from the RR seven stars tank kit to give it competition...

Name:  DSC01828.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  116.5 KB

Old 04-06-2009, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by PrimeDirective
you can't pull them out of the original fairings? i got really frustrated with trying to shove them back into those holes and i dont have a reemer for my dremel so i just put them on behind with a little locktite. i haven't had any vibrate loose on me yet anyways. <3 locktite.
I can pull them out just some of them are craked and falling apart. I hate the little bastards. I need to replace them. As for Krome's comment the honda dealer where I live - well when it come to parts he is not the best priced. I have been looking at bike bandit where you can order only what you need and it is going to run me about $40. I am still looking inot other dealer in the area as to what they are priced.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:18 PM

many thanks for your guy updated the photos and we will going to be a vendor here soon and will give you a good price for the member too!
thanks

Old 08-05-2009, 06:31 PM

Is it possible to order my own paint scheme form nicecycle or other place?

I just need matte black front cowl, front fender and fairings + white gloss for the tail part.

I know, I should just prolly call and find out, but maybe someone knows for sure.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Fairings