F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Aftermarket Fairings

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Fairings

Hey everyone...

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever purchased the aftermarket fairings on ebay. I really like the Telefonica/Movistar paint scheme.

I was wondering how they actually fit on the bike. I need to buy a new rear fairing because the one that I have is cracked where the bolts go in by your legs.

I was looking for just a rear fairing, but for another 150, i can get a whole new set and change the look of my bike at the same time.

I know aftermarket is kinda shady fit, but just was wondering if anyone here has actually bought a set and fitted it.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 AM

I purchased mine from auctmarts.. really good quality and fit.. I think it was around 500 shipped.. took about 2 to 3 weeks to arrive though, but here are pics

Name:  highres_6263939.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  85.0 KB

Old 04-02-2009, 09:39 AM

i just purchase a hole kit from nicecycle.com and waiting for it to come in. All i needed was the upper cowl and the price was around 500 buck, soo i decided for 775 i got all the fairings and in any paint scheme that you want

Old 04-02-2009, 10:04 AM

I recently got some Ebay fairings, and they went on pretty good. Not bolt on like OEM, but a few holes had to be enlarged slightly. The front fits pretty tight, and we'll see how it holds up in the long run.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:33 PM

http://www.nicecycle.com/

great communication
great price free shipping and they say there located in MI
they were in contact with me right up until i received my parts .

my bikes the first 7 stars on there customer photos

Old 04-02-2009, 08:59 PM

i agree auctmart has the best i talk to a few of the people who have purchased from them, and they all said the same thing, there very good, look great, mount up great except for the ram air duct covers. i grabbing a custom job from them next month.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 AM

i got mine from ebay. i got the 7star set. they look awesome but the holes may need to be redrilled a little to make the tail and lowers fit. it didn't come with heat reflective material i'm not sure if this is a big deal or not i haven't had it out. i'm pretty sure the foam on the OEM is for sound reduction more than heat protection for the plastics.

overall i'm very satisfied with them they look awesome.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:16 PM

I just put mine on the other week.

quality wasnt too bad. some of the clear coat was a bit rough but on the whole finish was quite good.

fitment was also ok. although you will need a dremel I spent about an hour or so trimming down the headlight cowl so i could get the headlight in, but with a bit of patience, eventually got there. the front guard also needed some fine tuning.

the tail was very tight to fit and the bottom hole by the tank didnt line up with the tapped hole in the subframe.

side fairings all pretty much lined up, i just needed to enlarge the holes a little. on the whole I'm pretty happy with the finsh. I just need to repaint the tank.

Clint

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Fairings-p3220011.jpg   Aftermarket Fairings-p3220012.jpg  
Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by clinto
I just put mine on the other week.

Clint

wow dude.. i got the same ones and the paint scheme on yours is a lot different. there's more silver. did you put any heat reflection material on?

Old 04-03-2009, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Martins
http://www.nicecycle.com/

great communication
great price free shipping and they say there located in MI
they were in contact with me right up until i received my parts .

my bikes the first 7 stars on there customer photos
How was the fitment on their stuff?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Fairings