F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket exhaust

I am willing to bet that someone has posted this post before. I am new, so I will go ahead with it.

I am thinking about exhausts for my 06 F4I. I am not looking for huge horsepower gains, I imagine without remapping the gains are insignificant. I am mostly looking for a better sound, but performance does matter. What brands are good for the Honda's? I always like the looks of Yoshimura exhausts, and they sound nice in my opinion. What are some other good options for the F4I?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:44 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

USE DA SEARCH BUTTON BREW

regardless.... good brands are

Yoshimura
Muzzy
Two Brothers
Leo Vince
Devil
Arrow
Akaprovic
Scorpion
HR1
LOR
Vance And Hines
MIG
Jardine
M4
D&D

Regardless of the pipe you get you arent going to really see any power gains mostly just a different sound

Last edited by __Z__; 01-05-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:09 PM

Man I can look at brands all day long, I do. I know the brands. I am on this forum asking opinions. You just re-stated what I said. I know I am not going to get major gains. This is a community of people who own the same thing I do, I figure they would know best what brands go best with my bike..

Old 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM

**** it Ill just put a strait pipe on it and face it back towards my face.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:14 PM

scorpion sounds good man, i recently just cut it down as well and now its very loud and deep. thats just from my experience... you can usually find them at decent prices as well

Old 01-05-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by HondaDustin
I am not looking for huge horsepower gains, I imagine without remapping the gains are insignificant. I am mostly looking for a better sound, but performance does matter.
this statement clearly laid out to me that you didnt have prior knowledge on the actual power gains from exhausts, so I figured I would help you by saying your not going to physically notice any gains, with that being said its all personal preference on sound......

What brands are good for the Honda's? I always like the looks of Yoshimura exhausts, and they sound nice in my opinion. What are some other good options for the F4I?
You asked what brands are good for Honda's and I have you a list of the brands that are good for Honda's if your going to be a smart @$$ why join a forum and ask questions? If you think you already know the answers

Man I can look at brands all day long, I do. I know the brands. I am on this forum asking opinions. You just re-stated what I said. I know I am not going to get major gains.

And I have you the brands that are in my opinion good brands for honda's....

This is a community of people who own the same thing I do, I figure they would know best what brands go best with my bike..
Ok? ru trying to get at something

Last edited by __Z__; 01-05-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I can look at brands all day long, I do. I know the brands. I am on this forum asking opinions. You just re-stated what I said. I know I am not going to get major gains. This is a community of people who own the same thing I do, I figure they would know best what brands go best with my bike..
All "_Z_" did was give you the answers that you would get if everyone answered your question. If you did a search you would find this topic has been gone over and over again.
Asking what exhaust people like the most is like asking what colour for there bike people like the most.
Your not going to get everyone agreeing with one answer, example: you like Yoshi, I like Devil, b4rr likes scorpion....
Go to youtube or the exhaust companies website and listen to them.

And I think the straight pipe idea might work best for you

Old 01-05-2011, 02:32 PM

that being said your going to get 1000000000000000 different answers and people arguing on which they think sounds the best but that wont get you anywhere, as you probably have a different taste compared to others your best bet it to hop on youtube and Google f4i exhaust and see what you think sounds the best to you

Old 01-05-2011, 02:40 PM

Z I apologize that came off smart ***-ish indeed. I think I took you saying use the internet, then listing those brands and more of just a list of brands, not ones that are good for my bike. If that is the case, then thanks I will take it into consideration. Im not on here to be a doucher.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM

So actually, thank you. I mistook your list.

Quick Reply: aftermarket exhaust