F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Advice on highbeam HID driving, and a few other rants ; )

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i mean, you can just look away can't you? look towards the bottom right side of your path of travel?
LOL... Do you take a 200 lumen led flashlight to partys with you, shine it in everyone's eyes that you pass, then tell them they should have looked away?

Old 09-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
....I don't see them adjusting their lights...Imo, people just look for an excuse to hate on bikers primarily youth/young adults...I seriously chalk it up to jealously and that their feeble minds cant multitask to handle a clutch/gear so they get frustrated at people like us...that and they dont have the ***** to step out of their climate-controlled Lincoln's to step on a bike...theyd rather just hate from inside their window where its safe

John Cu- I will post up some pics here tonight
i'm agree with you and we know that its best for us if everyone else on the street can look us coming with those brights hid's, i prefer blinding cars, cause i know that they already saw me...

Sorry about my english...

Old 09-01-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
LOL... Do you take a 200 lumen led flashlight to partys with you, shine it in everyone's eyes that you pass, then tell them they should have looked away?
guess not. but then again that's two very different situations.
somewhere some time ago, i was told to to look away from oncoming cars with highbeams on, bottom right hand of the windshield, to avoid being blinded.
i mean if a motorcycle were to be on top of my hood shining its headlight directly at me...then there would be a problem, per your analogy.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 AM

I used to ride everywhere with my highbeams on, until one night on the way home from work I was behind a CBR with HIDs running high beams behind me. I couldn't see ANYTHING. It was so bright that it was blinding, I could only imagine what it's like for oncoming traffic. So yes, they are that bright. I don't ride with high beams anymore

Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 PM

In many states it's illegal to have your high beams on when within a certain range of oncoming traffic and even traffic in the same direction because you can blind them and cause bad things to happen.

I don't want to blind any traffic and have them swerve into me.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 PM

An old thread but yeah, this is why I only run an HID kit for a HALOGEN HOUSING, mind you, for low beam and regular halogen bulb for high beam.

I have a proper HID retrofit on my car and love it. Every time I see a half-assed driver in a CAR with halogen housings plus an HID kit, it's super blinding and distracting. The only exception I make is for motorcycle LOW BEAM HID because we need to be seen with minimal amount of blinding people to get attention and be noticed. High beam HID on our halogen housing is just asking to be pissed on, stuff thrown at, shot at, etc.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 PM

They only shoot at bikers in Texas... lol

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question and please forgive me if this is a n00b thing. But doesn't the bike just switch from a single light to double light? I did not know there was a low/high beam switch as well? I am going to do the HID upgrade, but I was hoping I could do it so that I could switch from having 2 bright lights to having 2 REALLY bright lights instead of one bright light to two bright lights. I honestly do not see the point in running with a single light, except for the novelty of winking at people...

Old 04-07-2011, 09:34 PM

lawl you may be right.

Left headlight = low beam only
Right headlight = high beam only

Run only low beam or both...or you could re-aim the high and only have lows.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 PM

I am wondering if it would be possible to wire the low beam circuit from the HID kit into the left light circuit from the switch and the high beam circuit in the HID kit from the right light high beam circuit from the switch so that you get dual LOW beam HID lights and then switch to dual HIGH beam headlights?

I hope that makes sense!

Old 04-07-2011, 11:51 PM

I dont see why that wouldnt work other than maybe the stock wiring on the left side low beam handling the increased voltage

Quick Reply: Advice on highbeam HID driving, and a few other rants ; )