F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Adjusting sag and preload?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The second product you showed lowers the rear. As far as I know, the only way to lower the front is to raise the fork tubes up through the triple tree.

For that spring, it does say it will lower the bike 30mm however I'm not sure how easy it is to replace just the spring on the rear shock.

If you really want to lower the bike just get a aftermarket wishbone link for the rear and lower the front like i said.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 PM

if i were you id set the forks preload to 4th line just showing, and the shock preload to 2, and see how that feels, it will also lower the bike slightly, maybe not enough though.

If its still not low enough try bringing the forks up like 6mm and see how that is, if still not enough then youll need a new link for the rear.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 AM

blue devil, I dont quite know what you mean by 4th line and shock preload to 2? I don't know where these markers are. Do you mean clicks from the left or right or something?

Old 03-04-2011, 12:17 PM

ok the preload (which is how much you pre loading the springs from its natural length) so your essentially compressing the spring slightly so when you sit on the bike it instead of compressing a lot it will only compress slightly an you will get a better ride.

So to adjust the preload on the forks, if you look on the top there will be a screw adjustment, this is rebound it has arrows with h and s, just leave it for now. Right under that is the preload adjustment, it is a circle missing two sides, a 14mm wrench will fit on it. Turn to the right to tighten, left to loosen. To know how much preload you have look on the side right above the big nut and as you loosen the preload more lines will appear.

For the shock look at the shock directly from the side and read what number is says, and from there use the wrench in the tool kit to turn it to 2.

here a pic of the fork pre load and you can see on this picture theres 2 lines showing on preload, for you i would go to 4 lines.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wink or you could lower it a bit....

Here is a post I made earlier,

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...799#post991799

Old 03-07-2011, 04:21 AM

On top of my forks I dont have the sticking up part. (preload (circle with two flats, its just a big nut. No adjuster)

Old 03-07-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by woodypk
On top of my forks I dont have the sticking up part. (preload (circle with two flats, its just a big nut. No adjuster)
I gotta see this. Can you upload a picture? You have to have preload adjusters. Maybe they are tightened all the way down? I'm not sure if it's even possible to tighten them so far they become flush with the top of the fork tuble.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:19 AM

I'll take a picture when I get home from work and show you.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I seem to recall seeing the 2 of the 2006+ models in a shop in Manchester which had non adjustable Forks....

Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Well that sucks.. So how come the shock can be adjusted?

Doesn't this defeat the object of adjusting them both simultaneously?

Here is a close up of a pic I have of it. See what you think...

Attached Thumbnails Adjusting sag and preload?-fork-top-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Adjusting sag and preload?