F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

About to buy, please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Betting the frame is polished. Most people aren't going to go thru the process to plate a frame unless it's going to be a show bike. And if that was the intent, sorry but the stock paint is going to make for a very poor showing.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not chrome, it's polished

Old 03-13-2014, 11:47 AM

100% polished, I did the same thing when I repainted all the plastics on my old ZX6E. Compare my frame to the CHROME side stand-

Name:  IMG_0062.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  126.8 KB

Mine are on the surface.... I don't even want to know what this means if you're correct...
I am correct, but what difference does it make? Like I was trying to tell the OP, ride and enjoy it.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:32 PM

I personally like the banana seat, because there is more storage.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:37 PM

So with it being polished, that is less concerning if it were chrome with respect to the integrity of the frame.... Right?

Old 03-14-2014, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by MissBiBi1
I personally like the banana seat, because there is more storage.
How much more? What do you keep in there? Mine is basically full of wiring stuff, my alarm + sensors and my insurance/license and I rarely use it to store anything. I just keep small things in my jacket and bring big things in my backpack. I also just bought a drop leg bag that I'll start using for my wallet and water and anything else that I might need quick access to. I ordered some saddle bags for long trips as well.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:34 PM
"A"
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 12v outlet under the banana seat. Enough room for tool kit, roll of ductape, 12v electric pump, flat repair kit, cell phone, extra leather gloves and still room to spare for a t-shirt.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 PM

So, from the airport to my garage. Serial number matches to the frame. Actually got to drive the bike today a lot harder then prior to purchasing. Ran flawlessly and had zero leakage anywhere afterwards. Thanks again for the help.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by "A"
I have a 12v outlet under the banana seat. Enough room for tool kit, roll of ductape, 12v electric pump, flat repair kit, cell phone, extra leather gloves and still room to spare for a t-shirt.
That is a lot, but I'm content with my backpack and drop leg bag. That's enough for most local things and I have saddle bags if I need to take a long trip.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by theadamie
How much more? What do you keep in there? Mine is basically full of wiring stuff, my alarm + sensors and my insurance/license and I rarely use it to store anything. I just keep small things in my jacket and bring big things in my backpack. I also just bought a drop leg bag that I'll start using for my wallet and water and anything else that I might need quick access to. I ordered some saddle bags for long trips as well.

I keep the usual in there, makeup bag, a change of clothes, some heels lol. I'm just kidding as or right now I just have my registration in there. I just like that I don't have to fold it up four times.