F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

About to buy, please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by theadamie
Why does everyone say the banana seat is more functional for 2-up?
The back of the banana sits lower then the split so they feel safer and it has the grab bar to keep them from feeling like they'll slide off the back.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Though the F4i is not quite aggresive as the RR, If you're sitting tall in the saddle on it, you either have some crazy long arms or you're locking out your elbows. Either way, you're gonna look/feel goofy as all get out regardless of what sportbike you ride.

Speaking of which, The roll out of the new RRs in 03 magically transformed a premiere middle-weight sportbike to a mere sport-tourer? Crazy..

Old 03-07-2014, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by singram
Though the F4i is not quite aggresive as the RR, If you're sitting tall in the saddle on it, you either have some crazy long arms or you're locking out your elbows. Either way, you're gonna look/feel goofy as all get out regardless of what sportbike you ride.

Speaking of which, The roll out of the new RRs in 03 magically transformed a premiere middle-weight sportbike to a mere sport-tourer? Crazy..
THIS! LOL

Old 03-09-2014, 06:27 PM

So I bought it. Super clean bike, responsive as can be and priced to move. Now, who can help me find a rear seat cowl (painted blue)? Used? Cheaper than what I'm seeing now......$270? Or is that the cost of business? Also, are these easy to install? I change oil, that's the extent of my mechanical ability. You guys have been very kind to me-thank you.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 PM
"A"
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Use that money on something else, take a trip with your bike, sign up for a track day, anything instead of something that you can't even see while riding on the bike.. like a rear cowl.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tvegas
So I bought it. Super clean bike, responsive as can be and priced to move. Now, who can help me find a rear seat cowl (painted blue)? Used? Cheaper than what I'm seeing now......$270? Or is that the cost of business? Also, are these easy to install? I change oil, that's the extent of my mechanical ability. You guys have been very kind to me-thank you.
Congratz on the purchase. Nice choice, that blue is friggin hot. I'm in the minority in that I actually would prefer a banana seat over my split seat. Its far from ugly, and IMO it actually "flows" better then the split.

Like "A" said, I'd put that money into new tires, gear, etc, but if you insist-

TARGA SEAT COWLS

Old 03-10-2014, 09:39 PM

Thank you guys. I had to take a sales trip 24 hours after buying the bike, so I'm on tilt trying to think of all the things to buy. I think the banana could grow on me after all. The bike actually came with new tires and a new Yosh pipe. The only thing I definitely want to do is get an undertail under tray. I see a company selling them on ebay for around $70 and it integrates the stock taillight. I'd just have to have a local body shop paint it. Is that price reasonable?

Old 03-10-2014, 10:17 PM

One more question: the only cosmetic flaw on my bike is a half moon (quarter size) dent in the gas tank right below where the gas cap is...slightly to the right. Normal placement for a tank pad won't come up high enough to hide it and I don't want a full tank cover. I am considering buying 2 tank pads and cutting one of them in half, which would allow the dent to be covered up, while giving coverage to where my zipper may rub on the tank as well. Thoughts??

Old 03-11-2014, 10:29 AM

I've heard of people successfully pulling out dents with dry ice. I just did a quick google search and pulled up a ton of how-tos.

So any pics of this supposed bike?

Old 03-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Default Pics

Need the anti skid off the road.....now

Attached Thumbnails About to buy, please help-image.jpg