About to buy, please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Point for the banana.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:44 PM
"A"
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Banana seat is much easier to remove than split seats, less hassle to get to larger volume under seat storage. IMO, RR cost more to purchase, insure and do not offer significant performance advantage over F4i.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the misses is happy now grab it now I say...
I was looking at a (swears) HD Sporty in 09/10 and the misses was keen, I turned it down as it wasn't really what I wanted. Point is it wasn't until last year when I found the F2 that the misses was sweet again (not that I hadn't seen or wanted other bikes in the interim) just the misses wasn't good with them.
So mate jump on it while you can. While the women lets you. Ohh and the seat I wouldn't worry as it can be changed at a later stage.

KB

Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Welcome Crew Technician

That is actually a pretty damn easy swap to change that seat too.
F4i 's are tanks, obviously. I mean you see how many are here, and plenty more on the road. Either way, if you go with it you will be a little more upright with the banana seat. With that said, you can still have that approach you want to lean forward a bit so you should be good. Good luck. 9k is not a lot either. That thing is still a baby. Baby it.

-Poss

Old 03-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes you can lean. Yes the banana is ugly but works amazingly well for everything. It is not a sport/touring bike just because the RR came out, it is and always will be a full sportbike.

Attached Thumbnails About to buy, please help-26580_119437401402874_1865598_n.jpg  
Old 03-05-2014, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by PossibleF4I
That is actually a pretty damn easy swap to change that seat too.
F4i 's are tanks, obviously. I mean you see how many are here, and plenty more on the road. Either way, if you go with it you will be a little more upright with the banana seat. With that said, you can still have that approach you want to lean forward a bit so you should be good. Good luck. 9k is not a lot either. That thing is still a baby. Baby it.

-Poss
I thought you had to swap the subframe to switch the seat? I Don't think that will be easy or cheap. The banana seat f4i looks like a giant scooter to me. Especially with that stupid handle on the back.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:34 PM

Why does everyone say the banana seat is more functional for 2-up? My girlfriend has rode on my split seat and didn't have any trouble. She's a tiny 100lb japanese girl though if that makes a difference.

@OP If you like the banana seat then by all means get it. It's your bike and you should get what makes you happy.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:11 PM

This is like a tennis match.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by theadamie
Why does everyone say the banana seat is more functional for 2-up? My girlfriend has rode on my split seat and didn't have any trouble. She's a tiny 100lb japanese girl though if that makes a difference.

@OP If you like the banana seat then by all means get it. It's your bike and you should get what makes you happy.
Banana seat is easier to open, that's what i heard. The split seat is quite hard to open, I spent some time figuring how to get the angle right the first time I did it.

A tiny Japanese girl on the back seat is so sexy!

Old 03-05-2014, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tvegas
Thanks Kopi Ko.....the price tag is the reason for the F4i over the RR
The F4i seating position is definitely less agressive than 600RR. But I like it that way, it's relaxing and doesn't tire you out during long trips.