F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

AAAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! I FELL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 05:55 PM
IDL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AAAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! I FELL!!!

ORIGINAL: kcinobro

HaHa. Don't be so hard on her. She was very apologetic and blamed herself completely. She gave all her info to the cop and told me that State Farm should be giving me a call to take care of everything.
If she doesn't come through, then she'll be a stupid bitch, feel me?

But still, whydo the ladies that do these things always gotta be old, or fat, or both?
Why couldn't she be a Hooter's girl or somthing?
The last person you want to be hit by is a hot chick. You'd likely tell her to not worry about it and you'll pay for all the damage yourself!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:34 PM

Dude, Just most important this is ur ok! Bikes and lids can be replaced! And o yeah...I got to go get the frame sliders too! Been meaning to do that for a while now.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:22 PM

Wow, glad to hear you're ok.

Just out of curiousity, do you usually ride with both low and high beams on?

Several people have suggested that to me (including one police officer) and I was wondering if most people do or not.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:19 PM

glad you're alright! very lucky everything's not major.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: zorgen

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

No damage to you? Not a bad deal then. Plastics can be fixed. Other than that, you may want to replace your helmet if it hit the ground. Have a good weekend.
What's this obsession with replacing helmets everytime you get a scratch or minor bump on it? The structural integrity of a helmet is not compromised with a minor scratch or bump. My new Aria Corsair RX7 helmet fell off my bike last week. My buddy Tom told me I'd better junk it and buy a new helmet. NO WAY IN HELL am I going to throw away a $700 helmet for a little drop like that. I'm starting to think everyone's in cahoot's with the helmet manufacturers and getting some kind of kickback everytime they convince someone to buy a new helmet. I know, I've heard all the stories about how the helmet's strength is compromised..bla bla bla...sorry, I don't believe it. I get quoted stats by the helmet manufacturers about how their compromised also...bullcrap..they just want to sell another helmet. Stop being sheep people..it's all about the money.

[sm=bs.gif]

its not the drop from the bike that makes the helmet junk. its if your melon is in it there is a hard foam in the interior of your helmet that compreses on impact. this foam does not spring back thus creating a void or crack in the foam. so dont throw your $700.00 helmet away just cause you droped it send it to me and i will take care of it for you. but really if you have had an accident and your head did hit the pavement you need a new helmet.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:27 AM

Glad ur ok, dude

Old 09-07-2007, 01:48 PM

wow... glad to see that your ok. I recently got in an accident back in april. SAME SITUATION. Except.. I HIT HER... was pretty bad.. i was going roughly 45-50mph, down a huge main street. I was actually on the way to meet up with my friends to go for a ride.. All of a sudden this lady pulls out of a Starbucks driveway, roughly 200-300ft in front of me. I see her clearly, and think that she is just going to make and immediate right, and i'm ready for anything else. Keep in mind, there are 3 lanes on this street, an island, and where she pulled out, the 4th lane for right-turn only's has already begun. So techincally there are 4 lanes. Stupid lady ends up driving STRAIGHT, cutting across the whole street (up to the island of course). Seeing this I immediately slammed on my brakes, rear tire locked up, slid out to the right, and i was roughly 30 degress facing left. thank fully i was wearing full gear, cept for boots, which could have saved much trouble. Slammed into her probably at like 30 mph. Oh yeah, forgot to mention. This lady was driving a YUKON. huge ol' suv... but i guess i prefered it that way in the end. I slammed into her right side of my body first. left side came in. dented my carbonfiber knuckle protector, and i was laying on the street after. people came to my aid, yada yada yada, ambulence.. Came out of it ok, stood up with help of firefighter/paramedics, denied the ambulence ride.. She said she didn't even see me, and stopped when she felt/heard a thud to her car.. Her insuranced covered everything. good payout.. nothing broken. but split lip, sprained wrist and HUGE swollen right shin. i think i hit her running board.. this was all on my old yamaha, and that's why i have the f4i i have now.. hahah

all in all,

glad to see your ok.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Women should NOT be allowed to drive.......SUV's

Old 09-11-2007, 05:13 PM

Thanks for all of your concerns fellas. I appreciate it.
Good News: for the past couple weeks I've been handling business with the insurance companies. Long story short, her insurance payed for everything.StateFarmgave me a check today for a little over $1300 based on the estimate by the dealership. More than enough for what I'm going to use it for. All that matters is replacing my CF slip on, which isn't really damaged, just dented, but she's paying for it so why not get a new one. Anyway just wanted to keep you updated. I'll post some pics once I get mybike looking new again.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:44 PM
IDL

ORIGINAL: TheX

Women should NOT be allowed to drive.......SUV's
.. Or mini vans

That's what hit me!

Quick Reply: AAAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! I FELL!!!