F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

AAAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! I FELL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! I FELL!!!

Dammit! I fell last night because of the oldest trick in the book: a lady pulled out in front of me. It was so stupid! I was driving along a straightaway at about 55. I saw the lady pull out across the intersaction long before I approached and figured she would be out of the way by the time I got there. Then, for some odd reason, she starts SLOWING DOWN right in the middle of the road. WTF!!? Next thing I know, guessing that she paniced when she saw me, she stops. DAMN! So now I'm slamming on both brakes, my rear tire starts sliding and swerving. I just knew that I was gonna hit her, but by the time I got within 5-10 feet of her, my front brake finally locks the front wheel, pops the back of my bike up, and tosses me off.Therefore, my bike pretty much fell either from a mini-stoppie position, or going no more than 5 mph. I was zoned out so much from the adrenaline rush that I can't recall too much after the thought of me hitting her car right before the brake locked up. I was hyperventalating so much that I couldn't focus on anything but breathing.

Anyway, after picking my bike up, which was super easy due to the adrenaline, there was miraculously barely any damage. There's a small scrach and dent on my mid-pipe(too minor to take pics) and that's it. I gotta tell you, the frame sliders pretty much saved everyting. The only thing that was funny was that the bike had a problem starting. The guy who helped me had to push start it. I charged the batery when I got it home and it seems to be ok. I haven't ridden it yet, I'm waiting on the dealership to open.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Banned
Default RE: AAAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! I FELL!!!

No damage to you? Not a bad deal then. Plastics can be fixed. Other than that, you may want to replace your helmet if it hit the ground. Have a good weekend.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:04 AM

Replace your lid if it hit the pavement. You couldn't swerve around her? that sucks, but looks like you made it out pretty good stopping in time.

just be happy you get to ride again!

Old 08-24-2007, 09:19 AM

wow man you really lucked up

Old 08-24-2007, 10:31 AM

Great to hear that you and your bike are ok. The reason why you had problems starting it up probably is because of the bank-angle sensor. I guess it's too late now, but when your bike falls over, I believe you need to toggle the kill switch to reset the sensor, then the bike will start up. Otherwise, if the bike was down for an extended period of time, it probably needed alittle more time for the fluids to settle in the engine.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:37 AM

Ok....the bike's ok. What did you say to the stupid bitch that caused the whole problem? She going to pay for the damages, right?

Old 08-24-2007, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

No damage to you? Not a bad deal then. Plastics can be fixed. Other than that, you may want to replace your helmet if it hit the ground. Have a good weekend.
What's this obsession with replacing helmets everytime you get a scratch or minor bump on it? The structural integrity of a helmet is not compromised with a minor scratch or bump. My new Aria Corsair RX7 helmet fell off my bike last week. My buddy Tom told me I'd better junk it and buy a new helmet. NO WAY IN HELL am I going to throw away a $700 helmet for a little drop like that. I'm starting to think everyone's in cahoot's with the helmet manufacturers and getting some kind of kickback everytime they convince someone to buy a new helmet. I know, I've heard all the stories about how the helmet's strength is compromised..bla bla bla...sorry, I don't believe it. I get quoted stats by the helmet manufacturers about how their compromised also...bullcrap..they just want to sell another helmet. Stop being sheep people..it's all about the money.

[sm=bs.gif]

Old 08-24-2007, 11:03 AM

The helmet's integrity is only compromised after a significant impact. Dropping off your bike isn't going to do it.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:09 AM

Glad to hear you made it without personal injurey. From what understand, everytime the helmet drops, hits the ground or has any blunt force brought to it, it decreases its structural value.. How true is it? I have no idea, in theory it sounds about right, but thats just what I've heard.. I wear a shorty all summer.. Best of luck fixing that bike man!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: BostonF4I
From what understand, everytime the helmet drops, hits the ground or has any blunt force brought to it, it decreases its structural value.. How true is it? I have no idea, in theory it sounds about right, but thats just what I've heard.. I wear a shorty all summer.. Best of luck fixing that bike man!
totally 100% true, all helmets have an internal "shell" that is made to absorb impact and protect the rider. An impact to this from even a small drop , will compromise that EPS shell thus rendering it useless in another blow. That's why if you drop your helmet from your hands and it hits the pavement, it's no good anymore. Take care of that baby

Quick Reply: AAAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! I FELL!!!