F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

600RR Hand Levers on an F4i

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 600RR Hand Levers on an F4i

ummm... question. Why not just buy F4i levers and avoidany potential problems?

Just judging from the above photos, none of those levers are the same. The clutch levers have different sized perch locator tabs. The brakes have a different geometry at the MC pushrod, coming in at different angles.

I love how people refer to that crap as "carbon fiber". I don't know why anyone would want to buy something so ugly. I've only ever seen real CF levers on mountain bikes. Never saw any on competition level motorcycles, they're usually aluminum billet, and more often than not, Brembos.

tbw

Old 12-04-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote "but I'd like my clutch lever a little closer to my fingers"
I'll just through this out there guessing; you've tried to adjust lever? if for some reason you werent aware, they can be adjusted to move close to hand etc.
D

Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: Incognito

I'd like my clutch lever a little closer to my fingers
I don't know if this is going to work well for you. When my bike tipped on the left side it bent the clutch lever so I went to the local junkyard and bought an aftermarket replacment. It wasen't exactly for an F4i [some other honda model] but was extremely close so I got it for $5. When I put it on the lever was maybe 1/8-1/4" farther back towards the grip then the stocker. I could never get a good clutch pull feel with that lever. I either didn't have enough freeplay or I had enough and didn't feel like the clutch was moving threw its full range of on/off.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just judging from the above photos, none of those levers are the same. The clutch levers have different sized perch locator tabs. The brakes have a different geometry at the MC pushrod, coming in at different angles.
Yeah, you're right. It's possible that the above pictured 600RR lever is 04+. Here's an 03 lever. The pivot hole appears smaller than on the F4i.

These here are for a Yamaha R1 ~ very similar and I think might also work.

I'll just through this out there guessing; you've tried to adjust lever? if for some reason you werent aware, they can be adjusted to move close to hand etc.
In the repair manual it only explains how to adjust slack/freeplay. I didn't see anything in there about lever adjustability.

I think what I'm going to do is order a pair from e-Bay (around $20) and if they don't work then I'll just re-sellthem (wouldn't be the first time, lol).If all else fails I'lljust get a pair of adjustable ones like TITAXor PAZZO.

Thank you guys for your time/thoughts ~ I'll keep you posted with my lever shenanigans and let you know what works or not. It'll give me something to do during these Winter months.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM

Those CF ones will break if your bike hits the ground, but otherwise they were great levers

Old 12-04-2008, 08:49 PM

If you want true adjustability, why not invest in some CRG levers? Or other brand (not sure if they make Pazzos for the F4i). I have the CRG shorty levers and absolutely love the adjustment on them. Well worth the money. I got mine off eBay for a very reasonable price. Some places give you the option of buying a long clutch and a short brake. If I were to do it again, I would probably go that route.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those CF ones will break if your bike hits the ground, but otherwise they were great levers
Wonder if that's got something to do with the "faux" finish put on them. I'm partial to the gold anodizing myself.
If you want true adjustability, why not invest in some CRG levers? Or other brand
Yeah, I might just go that route~ <$200 dollars isn't all that much to get some nice levers; we'll see. The feel on those fancy one'sare way better than OEM, right?

Old 12-04-2008, 09:23 PM

The feel is super nice, plus the ability to adjust them to the position you want them is great. I also like how on the brake lever I can adjust the "firmness" of them by where the lever is.