CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   600 F4i(2002)......converting low beam headlights from 1 to 2..?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/600-f4i-2002-converting-low-beam-headlights-1-2-a-16839/)

SpeedDemon12 06-20-2006 03:55 AM

RE: 600 F4i(2002)......converting low beam headlights from 1 to 2..??

here are you options
1. Ride with you high beam on
2. Lower you high beam so you only have two low beams
3. replace you h7 bulbs with h4s so you have dual high and low beams...heres the how-to

personally i would choose #1 but if it really bothers you go with #3, i think having a high beam is a necessity

hwnf4i 06-20-2006 12:35 PM

I guess thats what I was tryin to say like the rest... I wouldn't go without the option of not hav'n a high beam. BUT the h4 conversion sounds like a good idea.. I know they used to make a low watt h4 something like 35/65 so if the stock h7 is 55 watts you would be just a bit above that using 2 lights. I know it doesnt work like that ..meaning 2-35 watt lights draw the same as a single 70 watt light but it's still a lot less than 2-55 watt beams. Sounds like a good option.. thanks guys

MyRulz 06-20-2006 03:47 PM

A guy here in Dallas did my conversion using the H4 bulbs. I like it. Here is a little information from the Kawasaki Forum explaining the kit, in case you are interested. He sells the Kawi kits on Ebay. He used my bike as the CBR prototype. If you like what you read and would like his telephone #, send me a pm or you can send an email. His name is Adam:

Welcome to the Home of the Dual Headlight Kit! All the parts are included to complete the modification including the modified bulbs. For Forum members, Both kits are $70 but there's a $75 core charge for the PNP kit which is refunded when you return your stock harness ASAP. It's $60 If you don't want the running light kit. The difference between the Plug N" Play & the "DIY" kits are:

Plug N" Play Kit:
As the name say's; just remove your stock harness, install the kit harness, plug in the connectors and viola, You have Lights!
*If you plan to install the running lights, there a little extra work making the holes in the upper corners for the LED sockets.

"DIY" kit:
You will have to remove your stock harness, cut 3 wires, remove the grommet from the stock harness, reinstall the grommet on the kit harness, strip 5 wires and crimp 5 splices. This kit includes the wire stripper & Crimper.

If you're good with stripping and crimping wires/ electrical ability in general, I recommend the "DIY" kit. If you're unsure, I recommend the PNP kit. Both kit take about 2 hours to install. Add 15 minutes to the "DIY" kit. Installation times are dependent on your abilities and "Pickiness/ Perfection".

Contact me at: speedracer138x@verizon.net for details.

WRX_CBR 06-20-2006 06:14 PM

I knew a guy that did the HID conversion and when he would be turning the light would not be pointing in the direction he was traveling. Dangerous stuff at night. He would use the high beam to help out. Just an FYI for those thinking of doing it.

RobertRice67 06-21-2006 11:18 PM

I get a good laugh when people tell me one light is out, I tell them "it is just really dull, look closely" and then when they put their head down there flick on the high beam. Funny to see them jerk back and be blinded for a second.

JLeosnow 06-22-2006 01:26 AM

ORIGINAL: RobertRice67

I get a good laugh when people tell me one light is out, I tell them "it is just really dull, look closely" and then when they put their head down there flick on the high beam. Funny to see them jerk back and be blinded for a second.
LMAO!! That is very funny RobertRice67.:D

-John

sics15 06-22-2006 01:48 AM

Id just run the high beams...Id rather be seen than not!!!

alekinci 06-22-2006 02:37 AM

Never had anyone tell me my light is out, thats because my high is always on. Have two h7 dot approved 50watt xeons and everything just works ok. No need for conversion because it would look wack. Both of the projectors have different refraction lenses causing to have different focal point and intensity. Hense, the only way to make them look good is by having the same lense on both sides. "optical pattern" i like that, never heard that term.
Draining the battery, seriously? I thought our bikes got alternators to assist that situation. On a car if you just start your vehicle up and take out the battery, then the alternator will feed the car with plenty of voltage +14volts. Just like our bikes. Alternators produces 430watts at 5krpms, plenty!!!!!!!!!!!

hwnf4i 06-22-2006 03:40 AM

hey alek Not to dis you but try jump starting your bike on a dead battery.. I mean a "dead " battery and all will be clear as far as mention of how a F4i runs with a low battery. The charging process begins at 1200 to 1500 rpm on our bikes. How many people have their idle set at 1500 rpm... I don't even though I should. Sorry to be mean but I am on my 6th beerand my girl is at that time of the month :).. luv U man buuurrrppp!!!

alekinci 06-22-2006 12:07 PM

what do you mean its not possible to jump start on dead battery? I and many others have done that before( not on the f4i but a zx, but does not matter). It was not fun and took a good 40minutes but we got it done. If you have a nearily dead batt and you stop some where and that thing just goes out, your best bet is to call a tow truck, right? Yes if you want to spend money. However, if you want to start the bike up then you need to turn ignition on, drop to fist gear, put the clutch in and run with the bike till u pick up some speed, 10mph would be ideal. Reach YOUR maximum speed and dump the clutch and hit the starter. Back tire will lock up and hopefully spin. THat one spin is enough to get the alternator to work and will get the bike moving effortlessly.
Check anywhere on the internet about JUMP STARTing a BIKE and you will find the same notation.
I have tried this on a car, but not on a bike yet. Take out the battery after you start you car up and that thing will be working with out the battery. I assume that it will do the same on bikes.