F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2002 cbr 600 f4i REAR CALIPER MOVES WHEN BRAKES ARE PRESSED.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Default 2002 cbr 600 f4i REAR CALIPER MOVES WHEN BRAKES ARE PRESSED.

i donít understand what is supposed to hold my caliper back from moving, Iím lost.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:02 PM

Caliper attaches to bracket. Bracket slots into swingarm. Pretty simple.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:03 PM

Hey, what exactly is moving? The entire caliper? Remember there'd be some very slight jerking movement as the back brake as it doesn't work like front which should have zero movement....THe rear caliper is floating type whereas the front is fixed. But if you can grab the rear caliper and it moves, then your mounting screws are lose. Tighten them up to specified torque values

Old 02-18-2019, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked View Post
Caliper attaches to bracket. Bracket slots into swingarm. Pretty simple.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Iím an idiot.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:51 PM

Never mind Zac.......it happens to all of us once in while ! .........one of them “how the .... does that go back ? You were just unfortunate to post it first lol.
Best of luck mate.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by wes 17 View Post
Never mind Zac.......it happens to all of us once in while ! .........one of them ďhow the .... does that go back ? You were just unfortunate to post it first lol.
Best of luck mate.
thanks man

Old 02-19-2019, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zac May View Post
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Iím an idiot.
Dude, we've all been there! Some of us (I'm looking in the mirror) more than others! I usually allot 2-3 times above what everyone else on the forums say a job will take re: time and effort. But when you get it figured out and everything comes together? Priceless...

Old 02-21-2019, 06:11 PM

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Old 02-21-2019, 06:12 PM

But to be fair, its only funny cause we've all done something like it before.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Zac May View Post
i donít understand what is supposed to hold my caliper back from moving, Iím lost.
Without looking at your f4i caliper, that rear caliper design is a good one, & it looks to me that the break pads are not in their correct position giving very poor break performance & the feeling that the calipers are moving about, In short get the rear break pads pulled & correctly fit them, & unless the previous incorrect fitted break pads haven't damaged the calipers & it's mounts, you shouldn't have any dramas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 cbr 600 f4i REAR CALIPER MOVES WHEN BRAKES ARE PRESSED.

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.