F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

1st long trip on the F4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1st long trip on the F4i

well, through my job........me and a friend/co-worker (td3692) got free tickets to the Busch race in Dover DE. so it was a 2.5hr ride from where we are in MD and we decided to take the F4i's. let me say............................................... ...................that seat sucks A** on a long trip!!!!!! i kept standing up for a couple seconds to get some relief, lol. i've heard people on here say it feels like plywood and i'll be damnded if i'd disagree!!!!!!!

but anyhow........it was our first long trip w/ the bikes. it was pretty fun (besides the plywood seat). riding accross the bay bridge was great, and DE had some nice "country" scenery w/ long straight, open roads to just cruise and enjoy the landscape. and in addition to the seat.......my hand was cramping up so bad (throttle hand), and my fingers would fall asleep. but i had a good time out on the road for a long period of time but i think i'll look into one of those Corbin seats i hear so much about, lol.

- on a side note, anyone on here that lives on the east coast plan on going to VIR (Virginia) for the AMA Superbike race? me and 2 other people are going for that weekend and taking the bikes down!

Old 06-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st long trip on the F4i

HAHA your tellin me! I bought my Bike while i was a collage in Idaho. I live in Las Vegas and i don't have a truck so i had to ride it back, oh darn haha. Any ways its a 10 hour drive/ride....OMG painful...and my smart **** did it all in one day HAHA. Well i have to agree on the seats...they really suck....and when i got home i could not hear jack and i was walking buckl-egged for a few days hehe....now i know why its called a crotch rocket hehe.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:06 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awsome J... glad to hear the trip went well! Don't get too discouraged about the discomfort... it'll get better. You gotta work yourself up to long trips. I agree though, with all the great things Honda bikes are known for, soft comfy seats definitely is NOT one of them, hahahah. Back when I had the banana seat on my bike, it was pretty comfy, then I did the tail swap and my *** was hurting the first few trips. But then I got used to it and now don't even notice it at all. I just got back a lil while ago tonight from a weekend trip up to Lakeland, which is about 4 hrs each way (plus our 4 hr sunday morning ride up there this morning too)... no discomfort at all. You get used to it, and you gotta stop and take breaks every so often too. The first few are killer though! As for your hand, make sure you don't have "death grip" on the bars... that'll make your hand cramp up something terrible! I still have that happen sometimes too though, and just stretch my fingers out and hold the throttle with my finger tips for a little bit, or with the palm of my hand. Throttle rocker helps out alot!

When are the races at Virginia?? I've been out of the loop for a bit

Old 06-04-2007, 02:25 AM

you know, everyone complains about long trips on sport bikes, but most of us know we would not have it any other way!

Old 06-04-2007, 05:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GMW33- exactly, there was no way i was going w/o my bike w/ the great weather we've been having here. plus i knew what the roads through DE were like since i've been through in my truck.

thirdgenlxi- yeah i did all those things w/ my hand too, but still cramped up alot. i also tried to make sure i wasnt exactly leaning on the bars so much, putting alot of weight on my hands. and the VIR race is August 18th-19th.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:33 PM

yeah the ride was awesome and so was the race. but damn i gotta agree, my *** was sooooo sore after that one. it still hurt when i woke up yesterday morning.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:57 PM

Yea the seats definetly suck. I went for an hour ride saturday and got off my bike and my *** was killing me!!! Could barely walk for a few minutes, then it went away. Is the CORBIN seat the most comfotable in people's opinion?

Old 06-04-2007, 07:40 PM

Guess my banana seat paid dividends when I rode 1583 miles in a span of 35 hours. I didn't have a sore ***.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: cjlerra

. Is the CORBIN seat the most comfotable in people's opinion?
My corbin is comfy. The longer you sit on it the better it feels.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 AM

Did 145 miles yesterday cruising around Cape Cod. I couldn't wait to get off the bike the last 20 miles! I felt like a total mess--- but nothing a few beers didn't cure. [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Quick Reply: 1st long trip on the F4i