F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

1st gear WOT question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st gear WOT question

So today, for the first time mind you, I cracked the throttle all the way in both 1st and 2nd gear.

I'm 6'1", 175 lbs. The front it seemed to NOT want to lift at all. I rolled onto the throttle around 3-4 k, and probably by 7-9k I was WOT, ran to redline, baby shifted into 2nd, then floored it again. I wasn't leaning all the way forward, nor was I leaning back and trying to pull the front end up. I would say just a neutral position.

So I called my buddy with a 04? R6, and he said his bike would have definitely stood up in 1st in that scenario, but he says he snaps the throttle a little bit harder.

Is my bike putting out enough power? It has a 2 brothers exhaust and I just put plugs in it today. The owner before me said he got the front end up pretty easy, but maybe he was trying.

Thanks for any advice!

Justin

Old 04-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Default RE: 1st gear WOT question

The bike does have enough power I know that for a fact.I know other people have been able to do it, there is a video floating around, you could probably find it using the search button, i would but i'm at work. I dont know what to tell you because i've never popped my own wheelie. Friend of mine says that if you back off the throttlequickly to load the frontendand crack it the front end should pop right up, idk, be careful though.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:31 PM

How the heck do you get WOT without regripping? Eventually when I do my slip-on and PC mod I'm going to get the 1/6 throttle for my F4i. I know this bike can power wheelie though. I'd bring it to 6-7k and then let off then crank it hard real quickly and I'm sure it will jump up. I wouldn't recommend it though because everyone says power wheelies are dangerous and I'd listen to them.

Mike

Old 04-01-2007, 11:19 PM

4real i gotta regrip to WOT.. and itsa stupid idea... your gunna see road, sky, ground

Old 04-01-2007, 11:48 PM

He man, I've laid into mine quiet a bit, different ways,, But just holdingin back and going, the only time I can get it up is either between1st and 2nd, by shiftingout of first at a lower RPM, and holding it back in kicking into second. Or pop the clutch,,, but I'm just learning too... When I first got the bike,, I remembering it coming up a few times on me unexpectingly, needless to say racking myself letting off,, but not sure,,, I'm thinking me changing my windscreen put my wind force therefor keeping me down more.... But thats just my brain at work.... I don't know

Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummmmmm, pretty simple to power it up. I wouldnt be worried that there isnt enough power to get it off of the ground, most people dont realize how much power 600's have or ever use the power they have. I dont advise doing it unless you have the rear brake covered, run the rpm's up to about 6k then pull the throttle all the way back. Once again, I would advise that you keep your rear brake covered. If you dont your going to have to push your bike off of you when your laying on your back.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:50 AM

power wheelies= bad idea

i still dont understand this thread, is this a how do i wheelie thread, or a is my 600 slow thread... im -1 +4 geared and i will pin that **** all the way back in first geat second and third and it doesnt lift much unless clutch is involved, but if thats the first time youve wound it out might wanna ride for a while before wheelies

Old 04-02-2007, 01:05 AM

again i'm not a stunt pro. but from riding offroad for a while if your not comfortable powering up a wheelie i would not suggest re-grippig the throttle. cause if you do get it up and your not ready all your gonna do at that point is cause it to rev way to far. and i'm sure you don't wanna be out of work for a while with a broken bone as i did. you'll not feel real cool cause i know i didnt. if your tryin to pull a wheelie. take it slow and learn how your bike reacts before you re-grip to get more throttle. cause once you do get the hang of gettin the wheel up it really doesn't reqire a whole lot more throttle to keep it up.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:18 AM

go to the stunt corner...
jzhales how does that work for you the -1+4? im thinking about doing that from my current -1+2

Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 AM

its nice, but i dont have guages so i dunno about rpms and all that ****, do it mane, it should fit your current chain i would imagine

Quick Reply: 1st gear WOT question