F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

'06 F4i, meet Mr. PCIIIusb

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '06 F4i, meet Mr. PCIIIusb

power commander can help any bike alot even stock bikes.It should be custom mapped if you go for full exhaust/filter.If your bike is stock or just has a slipon then you should just dl the map and set it up yourself.Very easy anyone can do it

throttle response is sooo sweet with a pc

Old 01-29-2007, 09:43 PM

Im not sure if you were joking or not 01f4iguy, but here you go.

No you cannot use E85 gas in these bikes im guessing most ppl have not responded because their county does not carry this type of gas yet. E85 only works on i belive a few 06-07 Ford,GM and few Chevrolet cars, im not sure if their are others that have adopted this fuel technology but there might be. That type of gas has almost pure ethanol and requires a different way of burning. I dont beleive in the future that motorcycle companys will adopt the E85 technology. It would be nice though, whats the price for E85 in your city? ares is down to $1.22 right now.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

The PCIII can only store 1 map at a time. However they offer software for the Palm. You can carry that around and change maps at will.
Nope they have aaccessory that can hold more than one map. You can have a street map and a more aggessive map. Switch mounts on the handle bar and you can switch them on the fly. I like it. Street map when I ride, then a map for when I take it to the drag track. Well worth the money. Pm me if you have any questions. Very easy to hook up. Took me about 2 hours just because of routing the wires and pulling the fairings off.

http://www.powercommander.com/buynowhub.shtml[*]Display all Power Commander data "real time"[*]Allows storage & switching between multiple maps[*]Data logging capable[*]"On Screen" map adjustments[*]User configurable screens[*]USB programmable & upgradable[*]Active matrix TFT LCD 240 X 320 16bit color screen (Requires Windows 2000, ME or XP)

[IMG]local://upfiles/1075/4F20AEBD5B8A495DB30996F1A6D13D94.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1075/BD333DE830CE49EDA91487D08702E17E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-29-2007, 10:49 PM

I installed my K@N and my Powercommander today with a map from powercommander for the twobros slipon and the K@N and I notice not a ounce of differance than when it was just my slip on!!

Old 01-29-2007, 11:26 PM

Thats interesting that you did not see any differences? Did you upload the proper map and settings to you Power Commander? Or did you just hook it up and make no adjustments?

Old 01-29-2007, 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: rancidf4i

Im not sure if you were joking or not 01f4iguy, but here you go.

No you cannot use E85 gas in these bikes im guessing most ppl have not responded because their county does not carry this type of gas yet. E85 only works on i belive a few 06-07 Ford,GM and few Chevrolet cars, im not sure if their are others that have adopted this fuel technology but there might be. That type of gas has almost pure ethanol and requires a different way of burning. I dont beleive in the future that motorcycle companys will adopt the E85 technology. It would be nice though, whats the price for E85 in your city? ares is down to $1.22 right now.
To run E85 on cars that are not designed to run it, all you need it a big *** fuel pump big *** injectors, and something to tune it all together. Nothing more.

There are countless DSM's running E85 in their street cars, due to its high octane rating (approx. 105 oct). I was just wondering if the power commander would have enough control, to tune some huge injectors for the Ethanol.

Is it basically like a standalone ecu? Or is it more like piggy back ecu?

Last time I checked E85 was around $1.6X but im not sure how its been lately because I dont have an E85 station real close to me, and I dont have anything that runs on E85 yet.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:33 PM

yea i installed the correct map i even installed that new thing they offered

Old 01-30-2007, 07:48 AM

So if I order it and have them set it up for sotck air with slip on jardine pipe, it should just be a matter of hooking it up without screwing with the adjustments physically on the commander? Or is there some fine tuning that needs to take place. BTW, this will be something I buy a month or so after I take it out of the garage so I can feel the positive or negative affects of this thing. If I put it on now, I probably won't recognize a difference cuz it will have been like 3 months before I ride again. If its not the snow, its the assload of sand the highway dept puts down

Old 01-30-2007, 10:34 AM

Glocker - Actually when you unplug/disconnect your PC, your bikes ECU "returns" to the factory setting. So you could still hook it up right now and disconnect it ata later time... you'd see the differences that way too.

My PC is on its way right now. Unfortunately the snow and cold weather in Michigan isn't going to let up anytime soon... so I guess I'll have to sit on my bike in the garage, makes lots of "vroom, vroom" sounds and imagine how much better the "vrooms" are now that I've installed the PC

Old 01-30-2007, 11:13 AM

That would be cool to see someone running E85, I've also been looking into running that in my cars, but I may also consider trying it out on the bike if the PC is able to make enough adjustments. I think I'll start a new thread on that. Anyway, is anyone using the PC IIIr? I would like to be able to adjust timing maps, especially if I end up running E85 in the future. I've heard mixed reviews on it, does anyone have any personal experience with it?

Quick Reply: '06 F4i, meet Mr. PCIIIusb