F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

02 Luggage

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aken
I can't friggin remember what kind of bags I have (they're sitting at my parents house right now), but here are my saddle bags:

There are saddle bags designed for sport bikes, and they work great. I have a weekend's worth of stuff for two people in those bags - clothes, hygiene, yadda yadda.
Those look like they might be Cortech sport saddlebags.. I have the Cortech sport tailbag on my f4.. love it.. great for work stuff.. and it is designed to work with those saddlebags.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ResqFE
How'd you that tribal pattern on the fairing? I like it.
You should see it at night...it reflects quite nicely. Everyone absolutely luvs it at night

The previous owner did it, I'm assuming he may have gotten it from http://tapeworks.com/ but its just a hunch. I like it...and I really like how clean you've kept your bike, definitely an A+

Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 PM

Here's the Givi mount. I installed the mount on a old back seat frame and added 550 cord on each side so i can bungee a bag on it or add items with the Givi case installed. It's versatile but would like to see if i can use saddle bags too.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
Those look like they might be Cortech sport saddlebags.. I have the Cortech sport tailbag on my f4.. love it.. great for work stuff.. and it is designed to work with those saddlebags.
Yeah I want to say they're Cortech or Technik or some silly name like that. I do remember that I got them used for a great deal - like $60. I don't tour much so they haven't seen much use in my hands, but they came in great for that weekend.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aken, if you want to get rid of them, and if they're in solid condition, I'll gladly pay 60+shipping.

As long as they have plenty of storage space, and have a waterproof cover (or can be covered with a plastic bag) let me know!

I'm planning on travelling for a week, but I haven't decided if I want to camp yet, or get a motel room.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:29 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Thanks Zero, but I like having them, even if they don't get used a ton.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. Oh well. Worth a shot. Looks like I'm shelling out full price. It's only about 55 dollars more though. So not too bad at all.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:51 PM

I've got the cortech sport saddlebags and I love them. The only thing is isnt a real good place to hook the back straps on the bike to keep the rear bags more secure. I just have them connected to each other and have take a couple trips without an issue though. Just make sure to try and keep the weight even between the two.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by ResqFE
I wanted saddle bags. I have a Givi bag that sits on top of the passenger seat. I wanted to see how I could use saddle bags along with the Givi to be able to carry more stuff. Here's how I currently do my light touring;

Where do you get the brackets to lock the Givi box down? This is an awesome setup, I would love to do the same. I already have a tank / tail bag and I have trouble locking it down on the pillion seat because there are no brackets, but a custom bracket to lock down a Givi box would be brilliant, meaning I can lock my helmet in there too.

Oh, I have the same red/black F4i ... so pardon my excitement!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:27 AM

cortech bags +1. I have just the tailbag and it will hold 2 days worth of clothes and an extra pair of shoes. You can also add the matching saddlebags to them as well

Quick Reply: 02 Luggage