F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 F4i won't do anything...dead-dead....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 F4i won't do anything...dead-dead....

new here, been browsing this site since i first got my bike 8 months ago.
bike ran fine before i got it, apparently i tinker too much. I've spent the last week searching around here for an answer but couldn't find one, heres my problem:

installed Spy5000m remote start(beginning of problems)
bike ran fine with the remote start, could start it with the key and start button or the remote start. and the alarm worked fine

was riding my bike last week and all of the sudden i noticed that the front headlights didn't work.. then when i flipped my hi/low beam switch it would turn off the backlighting of my gauges..not the actual display, but just the back lighting (strange.... :/ ). bike continued to run, got to where i was going, and then when i tried to restart it, nothing. figured battery was dead. got it jump started from one of those jump boxes. got it home, installed a new battery, and now nothing.

when i turn the key to on (and the cut off to "run", bike in neutral), nothing happens, no fuel pump priming, no headlights, no gauges, won't crank, no nothing.... acts as if there is no battery attached. however, if i try and start it from the remote start, the headlights come on, gauges come on, bike cranks,still no fuel pump though.

I've checked the grey plug under the left side front fairing, used dielectric grease, checked all other plugs in the front section, temp. bypassed the BAS, un-installed my power commander 3, un-installed my Spy 5000m..still no such luck.

someone please help me get my bike running!!

Old 01-03-2012, 08:34 PM

Have you checked your grounds? And fuses? Always best to start looking at the simpler stuff before getting too deep into it.. Personal experience.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:44 AM

Yea. Checked grounds, fuses, connectors. Everything looks good. After some further research, I'm thinking I may have damaged some "Zener" diode in the ignition assembly. I ordered a new key/ignition assembly. I post up when it comes. Hopefully the ECM is still good.....