F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 F4i Front turn signal options

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 F4i Front turn signal options

I am looking to replace the factory front turn signals wil something a little less obtrusive. I am considering the Hotbodies flush mounts, but would like to know if there is a factory style stalked turn signal that doesn't look so cheap like most of the crap I have found so far. Additionally, if I decide to go the signals in the mirrors route, is there a good quality block off plate for the holes left in the farings by the factory signals. Thanks in advance for any info and have a Merry Christmas!

Tim

P.S. - Yes, I did try using the search feature prior to posting.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:23 PM

Mirrors and hot bodies is a good combination. I have a set of hot bodies if you need some

Old 12-25-2010, 09:59 PM

I saw that, what color lens and does it have the factory ends on them or are those the ones you said you needed to keep?

Old 12-26-2010, 10:45 AM

They've got the clear covers. I can send you the ones with the plugs if you're willing to send me your old plugs. Lol. Either way man. If you're interested shoot me a PM!

Old 12-26-2010, 10:46 AM

Oh, And welcome to CBRF!

Old 12-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have some cheap flush mounts in the front. They get the job done. Mirror turn signals are a nice addition.

My first replacements were some LED arrow lights (again, cheap), but I decided to switch those to flush mounts after a riding season.

Be careful if you just go with flush mounts, because you could have a problem passing your state inspection (if your state has an inspection requirement for motorcycles).

I took a risk sacrifising visibility for look when I got my flush mounts, so safety/visibility when using turn signals is a concern of mine, but I always use a hand signal when in local traffic. I haven't had issues with passing a state inspection here in PA, because my signals just have to work, not be visible for near a 100 feet like some other states.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm using HotBodies LEDs w/ smoke lens up front. They are excellent quality & can be wired as 2 or 3-wire lights. They fit perfectly & install easily. You can't go wrong w/ Hotbodies if you're looking for a quality flush mount fit that is very visible.

As for stalk type... I've tried several dif types. One thing is 'generally' true...you tend to get what you pay for. Recently, I picked up a pair of DRC 601 LED's. http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/d45-60-107/index.html . They are excellent quality & bright as well. Many of the offroad guys use these & swear by them. They have adjustable posts/stalks by use of nylon washers. You can add/remove the washers to adjust the length of the post. They can be used for front & back.

Good luck on your decision.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:56 PM

I guess the big question I have after some more research is are the Proton's worth the price premium over the Hotbodies?

Old 12-27-2010, 12:43 AM

Also, after just reading the review stickied at the top of this forum with the review of the euro versions, what is the availability of factory FSport signal assemblies? I like those.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:12 AM

I am also interested in this question, as I recently purchased an 06 F4I with a broken off left turn signal and minorly dinged left fairings. I dont want to go overboard replacing parts, but I do want quality parts. Those Protons look real nice. Is 100 bucks for flush mounts ridiculous? They look nice, plus I like the programmable flash.

Quick Reply: 01 F4i Front turn signal options