F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

SyncPro Caburator Tuner & F2 - Input Welcomed

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SyncPro Caburator Tuner & F2 - Input Welcomed

Please reply if you haveexperience with this product and/or...
You just know your stuff and have done carb syncs with an F2 - Thanks :)

Due to budget constraints, I decided to buy the Motion Pro and do my first carb sync ever (I got it through Amazon for only USD $77 BTW). The Motion Pro site's video sold me on how simple it really is and this will eventually save me hundreds of dollars in the long run.

But I read somewhere that some bikes need additional adapters (different mm size) and Honda was mentioned. The F2 may or may not, but I might as well know before dive in -- my F2 is my only wheels, so I'd better pick up whatever I need before I take her apart - lol).

So here are my two basic questions:
A) Do I need any adapters - if so what size?

B) Do I need an extra long screwdriver for adjustments -- or how long is long enough?

C) Is there anything else I need to know that is F2-specific using this product?

Thanks.

P.S. Moderator Note: I tried to post this earlier but since I'm new here, maybe you delayed publication of it - or maybe I just screwed up and thought I'd published it. So I don't know if there will end up being duplicates. Please remove any of this topic/thread it that ends up being what happens - it was unintentional.

Last edited by Soniclight; 03-17-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: no URL's allowed to other non CBRF sponsor websites ....
Old 02-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I could answer most of your questions, but I don't have any "actual" experience
with that particular model...

Ern

Old 02-17-2012, 08:26 PM

It's got nothing to do with the carb sync model, and everything to do with these:

Name:  100_1200.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  135.4 KB

Those are the intake ports. Look on number two, and even three. On two you can see a that there is something sticking out of it, and on three there is a hose attached to the same thing sticking out. F2's only came with two of these mounted up for some reason. You'll need to purchase 2 more so you can put them on intake ports 1 and 2.

From there, you just attach hoses to everything, and you're good to go. You also may require inline restrictors to prevent the air from moving too fast. You can get them at any place with fish tank supplies.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
I could answer most of your questions, but I don't have any "actual" experience
with that particular model...

Ern
No intention of snarkiness on my part, I just wanted to streamline stuff to relevance - lol. So feel free to frisbee in your thoughts/advice.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Very New members have to have all there first few posts checked before they get full unrestricted access :-) and yer I deleted it mate !! lol

btw ...had to kill that URL to the website selling it .... no free advertising by non CBRF sponsor websites are allowed ... SORRY MATE .. :-)
Thanks. Had no intention to hustle anything, I just like to be courteous when mentioning something to give a reader who may not be familiar with a product enough info on it in case she or he has some interest in it. In udder words, a reference point. Old habit from 14 years of using certain user forums dealing with technical stuff, and some moderating experience too. Each board has its own rules and so on, so no offense intended or taken :)

Old 02-18-2012, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by JesseAwesome
It's got nothing to do with the carb sync model, and everything to do with these:

Those are the intake ports. Look on number two, and even three. On two you can see a that there is something sticking out of it, and on three there is a hose attached to the same thing sticking out. F2's only came with two of these mounted up for some reason. You'll need to purchase 2 more so you can put them on intake ports 1 and 2.

From there, you just attach hoses to everything, and you're good to go. You also may require inline restrictors to prevent the air from moving too fast. You can get them at any place with fish tank supplies.

Thanks for response.

The only difference I see on the four intake ports as shown in your pic where only #1 and #3 are hose-free is that #3 has a conical thingy, #1 doesn't. Is that what I need to purchase (coniical thingy:)?

As far as restrictors, there are 4 that came with the SynPro and I just had to slide them into the end of the 4 hoses.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:58 PM

Nice picture and way to highlight what we're dealing with here.

It looks like you're good to go on everything actually... Remove all the hoses and caps and it should expose where you hook the sync tool hoses up to. Then get the carbs on with the hoses in place and test away!

Old 02-25-2012, 11:16 PM

Pardon late reply, been life-bizzy.

Too chicken--not really, I just want to be 100% sure of what I'm doing--to start for a couple of reasons (and best time for me to do this is on a weekend).
If pics available, please post for it would help a lot. Please note that my F2 is a 1992 N model CBR600--there are certain differences between the various models.

Thanks.

1. Vacuum Hose

My Haynes manual sez: "...the fuel tap should be set to RES position, and on M, N, P and R (1991 to 1994) models the vacuum hose should be attached to its union on the tap and a vacuum applied to it, then it should be sealed so the vacuum remains.)"

Not sure what this means but it sounds important.

2. Adapters

The SychPro comes with two adapters, two longer, two shorter; the are made out of brass and have threaded ends to them. From the SynPro how-to video on a smaller bike (400cc) and not sure what kind, it seems the guy just hooked on the tubes with no adapters. And from the pic provided above, seems there is no need for adapter -- but Haynes says otherwise.

So I'm confused on this. Screw in and if so, where?

3. Sync Sequence

Again, from the video with the mystery bike, the way to use the SyncPro is to first hook up all 4 tubes to the master carb out so as to calibrate the SynPro because bikes differ in vacuum strength. Then one plugs the 4 hoses individually into all four and adjusts.

Where or which is the master carb to calibrate?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:01 AM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

#1 The fuel-petcock is operated by a vacume, no vac no fuel. It normally gets that vacume from the port you are going to use for the sync. So, you need to apply a vacume to the pet-***** line to said carb and then seal it to maintain it, hence assure fuel flow. If you are using an aux. fuel supply and not the bike's tank, you can ignore this.

#2 The adapters are there for various models and may not be needed for your particular set-up. if all four cylinders have a vacume nipple for the lines, then you are good to go.

#3 The manual should say which is the benchmark cylinder. If not, it will be the one that doesn't have the screw-adjuster above it, used to perform the sync.

Ern

Quick Reply: SyncPro Caburator Tuner & F2 - Input Welcomed