F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

R/R can eat me

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011 | 02:05 PM
|
Default R/R can eat me

if the connector to the r/r is charred and it gets burning hot after two minutes not to mention intermittent periods of not starting and bogging down.. I should Assume its the r/r and just buy a gixxer one right?

Old 08-28-2011 | 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by coldflood
if the connector to the r/r is charred and it gets burning hot after two minutes not to mention intermittent periods of not starting and bogging down.. I should Assume its the r/r and just buy a gixxer one right?
I bought a R/R from this ebayer, works good!!! (if the fit is right).

Regulator Rectifier with FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! | eBay

Old 08-28-2011 | 09:29 PM

^^^ same bought some one off ebay with cooling fins from china

Old 08-28-2011 | 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by coldflood
Have you troubleshot the charging system to see where the problem is?

Old 08-28-2011 | 10:36 PM
|

Originally Posted by ThaBrock
I bought a R/R from this ebayer, works good!!! (if the fit is right).

Regulator Rectifier with FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! | eBay
it doesn't even say its compatible with an f2

Old 08-28-2011 | 10:38 PM
|

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
Have you troubleshot the charging system to see where the problem is?
have not yet, been procrastinating due to the fact that I cant even afford an r/r right now

Old 08-30-2011 | 10:28 AM

If I where you I would trouble shoot the system first. It sounds like you're a little tight on cash so you don't want to buy a RR if the stator is gone, or buy a stator if the battery is gone. If you do find that your RR is the issue I recommend the gixxer 1000 one. It is a little bigger, but it seems to dissipate heat better and I have had no issues with it what so ever.

Old 08-30-2011 | 06:58 PM
|

Originally Posted by ryant26
If I where you I would trouble shoot the system first. It sounds like you're a little tight on cash so you don't want to buy a RR if the stator is gone, or buy a stator if the battery is gone. If you do find that your RR is the issue I recommend the gixxer 1000 one. It is a little bigger, but it seems to dissipate heat better and I have had no issues with it what so ever.

btw since im procrastinating (lack of funds = lack of motivation) what else should I check that would lead to my bike dying out and then not starting am I really looking in the right system... someone relieve some of my anxiety please

Old 08-31-2011 | 03:31 AM

Well by not starting again, do you mean the battery is dead and it wont even crank? Or the bike seems to bog down and once it dies it will just crank for ever and not turn over again?

Old 08-31-2011 | 10:41 AM

You need to get the RR fixed first. if the wires are all burnt, those will need to be properly hooked up. Without looking at the schematic, I'd say the bundle of wires is fairly important in getting your bike to run.

+1 on the GSXR rr. I'm still on my original RR from 92, but have a spare GSXR one just in case. The thing has a huge heatsink and should provide plenty of trouble free riding. You only need a proper connector. 9oh, and mine was cheap, less than twenty bucks. no idea what they are going for now. I do know there is a thread that tells you what years are compatible.