F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

passenger rear set help (passenger pegs)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger rear set help (passenger pegs)

i have a 93 600f2 and im trying to get rid of the old ugly passenger rear set. and im trying to find a nicer aluminum set off of a newer bike and was gonna see i fsomeone has already done this? and if so what bikes should i try an dget a set off of? bought a bike with just a billet bracket and trying to put pegs back on so the ole lady can ride. i was looking at f3 rearsets but didnt like the resevoir mount an dall that and would a set off of a f4 work or a set off of a 94 900r? any help is appreciated so i can purchase me some? thanks for all ur help!!

Old 08-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

see my other answer to the other question you posted - but F3 will work properly - F4 might work with some mods.

when I say "will work" I mean they bolt up to the same holes, and the F3 has the proper exhaust hanger point - I can't say for sure if the f4 right side has the hanger in the right spot.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:08 PM

ok thanks for ur help, i just dont like the f3 pass rearsets because of the xtra stuff thts on them, maybe i could just cut and grind all the extra stuff off. thts ehy i was looking at the 94 900r rear sets cuz they didnt have ne of tht but still had the spot to mount exhaust

Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No prob- course if you ever upgrade to a shock w/ reservoir, like off the F3's (It's a common upgrade) it would be nice to have the spot to attach the reservoir.

The F4 on the left side of my bike required trimming the heel guard off - I did it with my 10" scroll saw no prob - the aluminum cuts easily.

The only other thing you lose with the F4 setup is a helmet lock - the F4 has an attachment under the seat, so it was deleted from the rearset. The F3 has a lock integrated into it.

As for the 900 parts fitting - no clue, you'd just need someone to measure the spacing for the bolt holes for you - surely someone here can help you out.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:55 PM

alright thanks. i just cant seem to find any f3 pass rear sets that they dont want a arm and a leg for on ebay..

Old 08-05-2010, 01:58 AM

can u tell a big difference when u upgrade to the f3 rear shock? this my first cbr. ive had a variety of other bikes and newer. im just new the cbr thing, so guess tht why im havin trouble with the normal upgrades, and where i live no one has one of these cbr's so have no one to ask or compare too