F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

not firing on all cylinders?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not firing on all cylinders?

this problem usually only happens when its cold and quiclkly goes away...

this is what happens. sometimes during startup it will sound like its only running on 3 cylinders (sounds like a piston is just clacking around....like a knock) but in less than 30 seconds it smooths right out and runs great

it will run great for the entire ride, smooth exceleration and idles great, but if i shut it down and leave it for a while it happens again

is my diagnosis correct that its only running on 3 cyl. during innitial startup? if yes, why?

thanks for any help! i tried searching around but im not use to the site yet

Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 PM

the little rattling noise could be your CCT. my hydraulic one made that sorta noise in the first few seconds of startup.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:04 PM

excuse my lack of knowledge but what is a CCT?

Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 PM

bummer! just read the sticky...of course as a newbie i had to make a post about this haha, thanks for the headsup!

Old 04-04-2010, 10:26 PM

no prob. thats the first upgrade all us f2 riders buy. highly recommend getting it now and saving the troubles later. i don't know of any other reason why one cylinder wouldnt be firing in the begining. the coils don't have anything to do with warming up

Old 04-04-2010, 10:42 PM

ya just sounds like i completely mis-diagnosed it, after reading the cct thread it sounds like exactly my problem

Old 04-05-2010, 07:01 AM

To confirm that all cylinders are running, wait until it's been running suspiciously for as long as possible, and then touch the header pipes. One will be distinctly cooler than the other 3.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:55 AM

I have problem with spark plugs.. Buy a new 4, engine works fine but after i start it few times.. They are dead, usually on 2 cylinders.. This is my third time that i buy a new spark plugs but it happens over again. Is there a problem with rich mixture in the carbs???

Need help!!!

Old 04-05-2010, 05:40 PM

Could be but ive never heard of plugs fouling after a few uses. you can always clean them if they are. does you engine still run on only 2 cylinders??? i would check the coils to see if there alright.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by mariof
Could be but ive never heard of plugs fouling after a few uses. you can always clean them if they are. does you engine still run on only 2 cylinders??? i would check the coils to see if there alright.
i have a question, if i don't use the bike for 2 days the petcock still send gas to the carbs?, because i have a similar problem. if i dont use my bike for 2 days, when i try to start the engine i cant, because the spark plug didnt fire, and yesterday i remove the spark plugs and 2 had gas, the color of the spark plug are ok with a little bit of carbon but clean. somebody had a similar situation?

Cris

Quick Reply: not firing on all cylinders?