F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

LED turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012 | 12:56 PM
|
Default LED turn signals

Has anyone had a problem with switching with led turn signals? I got the f3 fairings on my bike and went with flush led signals. I got the signals wired up and tried them out but they do not flash. They come on while no signal is on and then if I turn my left signal on the left will go out and the right will still be on and the same if I turn the right signal on. I also tried it with a 10-ohm 1/4 watt resistor and that did nothing and also tried a 10-ohm 1/2 watt resistor. I'm clueless. Any suggestions?
One other thing, the led signals do not have a ground like the stock ones do. Without the ground theoretically they should still work right?

Last edited by Atrom; 04-14-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2012 | 08:19 PM
|

I got her figured out. The green wire that I thought was a ground actually is the control wire. I apologize for the worthless thread

Old 05-01-2012 | 10:51 PM

Hello everyone, I was wondering if it's possible to put led's in my 97 cbr 900rr. One of the bulbs is blown in the tach and I figured I would order one of those Illumiglow reverse glow gauge covers for it. I figured Led's would make it look even better. Any ideas what size led's I would need to get for the gauges and I want to put an LED in the position light on the front (the light above the headlight) as the 194 bulb I got has an orange glow to it while the headlight is a bright white. Any ideas what size LED's I need to get to do this. Will I have to add a diode or anything to run led's on these?

Old 05-14-2012 | 02:11 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014

Originally Posted by RoseannaJuares
Hello everyone, I was wondering if it's possible to put led's in my 97 cbr 900rr. One of the bulbs is blown in the tach and I figured I would order one of those Illumiglow reverse glow gauge covers for it. I figured Led's would make it look even better. Any ideas what size led's I would need to get for the gauges and I want to put an LED in the position light on the front (the light above the headlight) as the 194 bulb I got has an orange glow to it while the headlight is a bright white. Any ideas what size LED's I need to get to do this. Will I have to add a diode or anything to run led's on these?
The first thing I would do, If I were you, is start a new thread for your question, and, the second thing I would do, is post it in the right section - this section is for the 600 F2.

I hope you find your answers.

Old 05-14-2012 | 02:37 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by RoseannaJuares
Originally Posted by JNSRacing
The first thing I would do, If I were you, is start a new thread for your question, and, the second thing I would do, is post it in the right section - this section is for the 600 F2.
Name:  thumbnail-2.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  8.7 KB

Last edited by jeffjones; 05-14-2012 at 02:39 PM.