F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

help with stock graphics

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with stock graphics

Hello all, I'm almost finished restoring my '94 F2 to near-showroom condition, and I need a bit of help. On the front of the '94 F2, there are triangles that look like this:

I need to know the dimensions of these triangles and white "L" shapes. I have vinyl I need to cut to match these shapes. I did those splotchy flamey graphics on the tail sections by taking a spare rear fender I had, taping over the graphics with cheap masking tape, tracing the graphics onto the tape, peeling the tape off, sticking it to a piece of paper and cutting it out. Now, I just use those as a stencil for my vinyl bits. A scanned stencil sent to me would be superb, but I know that's asking a lot. If you don't want to do that, it's cool. I just need a bunch of dimensions then. I can eyeball it for the most part, I just don't want it to look cheesy and non-stock.

HOWEVER.... If you have a broken F2 or F3 and need certain parts that I have, and you send me a scanned stencil with a reference dimension, I will send you a part of your choosing for either free or drastically reduced pricing, depending on the value of the part

I have: Coil packs, F3 engine bits/covers, stock F2 taillight, stock rearsets, full set of F2 brake components (no pads, everything else good) F2 intake snorkel, F2 swingarm and accessories, F2 untitled perfect frame, F3 engine head, Micron Carbon Fiber full system (small very fixable leak on Cyl. #1)... the list goes on....

This offer is GOOD unless I indicate otherwise in THIS POST.

EDIT: Bike Project complete, PARTS/DISCOUNT OFFER CLOSED.

Last edited by JimmyHoffa; 03-25-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:34 PM

somebody? Close up shots? A few measurements? angles? anything? Is every F2 out there now a streetfighter?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:37 PM

Allright so I did some shady photoshop trigonometry and eyeballed that junk. Got pretty close.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice work dude, those aren't bad at all!

I might have to get you to mail me some vinyl cut-outs when it comes time to paint mine

Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 PM

JimmyHoffa, that looks awesome. What type of vinyl did you use for this? I would love to try and do this myself. Where did you find it? Thanks.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:40 PM

I've got the stencils for everything I did on the bike in vinyl. Used 3M's outdoor solid-color (not printed-color) graphic film from a professional vinyl shop. Got all the vinyl for free, because the owner was a streetbiker, and he was mega stoked about my from-scratch CBRf2 nightmarathon build. He got the whole story, needless to say, and enjoyed it.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:44 PM

You did all of the solid decals yourself? I am assuming you purchased the letters and wing, but it might be wrong for me to do that, lol. In either case, that is remarkable.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:31 PM

Woah woah. I was under the impression that the only graphics you did were the triangles on the cowl, or was there more?

Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 AM

As far as graphics (got more done since last communication) I did all the tail fairings with a razor by hand, including the lettering.

they used to look like this:

I am not responsible for tank graphics or side panel graphics, but I did everything else...

then on to bondo:

then on to paint and clear:

Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks really good Jimmy, I love seeing a bike get restored to OEM design... No offense to anybody here, but my personal taste tends to puke in my mouth seeing an F2 painted orange or something.

Quick Reply: help with stock graphics