F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Cheetah Fairing Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheetah Fairing Help

So I recently got a pretty good deal on some new fairings. But they are the Cheetah race fairings so they don't have a cutout for the headlight. I would like to use them for everyday riding. On the stock front cowl the headlight actually attaches to the cowl. Does anyone have idea on how to attach the headlight to my new fairings?

Also, since there are no spots for blinkers I was thinking about getting some flush mount blinkers. Would those be easy to install wire wise? Just one positive and one negative wire?

Thanks all!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM

Anyone?

Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have to say that it will be alot more modification to install the original headlight, its doable but have you considered putting on some projectors of any kind? The f2 headlight does not put out any light.

The flush mounts are really easy to install, your f2 has 3 wires for the turn signal. I believe the one in the middle is negative and with a test light check the other 2. Ofcourse the one that blinks will be the wire to tap. If you have the stock turn signals you can cut the harness and use it for your flush mount.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by campos_motorsports
I would have to say that it will be alot more modification to install the original headlight, its doable but have you considered putting on some projectors of any kind? The f2 headlight does not put out any light.

The flush mounts are really easy to install, your f2 has 3 wires for the turn signal. I believe the one in the middle is negative and with a test light check the other 2. Ofcourse the one that blinks will be the wire to tap. If you have the stock turn signals you can cut the harness and use it for your flush mount.
I haven't looked into projectors, do they need to be something specific? Any links you could send me out too?

And I do have the stock signals. I figured that those wouldn't be too bad.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by R3define
I haven't looked into projectors, do they need to be something specific? Any links you could send me out too?

And I do have the stock signals. I figured that those wouldn't be too bad.
Started looking at some projectors and their a bit pricey at $150, but I dont really know what your budget is. I was just saying since the f2 headlight is glass and old school it doesnt produce as much light as the modern headlights. Either way you will have to mod a mount for a headlight, so have you considered looking at other headlights? A single will be easy to make it work. Check out the ducati's headlights.

As per the flush mounts, I meant that if you have the original turn signals, you can cut the harness/pigtail, and wire it to your flush mount, that way it will stay as a connector instead of butt connecting the wires.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by campos_motorsports
Started looking at some projectors and their a bit pricey at $150, but I dont really know what your budget is. I was just saying since the f2 headlight is glass and old school it doesnt produce as much light as the modern headlights. Either way you will have to mod a mount for a headlight, so have you considered looking at other headlights? A single will be easy to make it work. Check out the ducati's headlights.

As per the flush mounts, I meant that if you have the original turn signals, you can cut the harness/pigtail, and wire it to your flush mount, that way it will stay as a connector instead of butt connecting the wires.
I like the look of the side by side ducati headlights. Not so much the single/double circle ones though.

And I got ya as far as the turns are concerned.

Thanks Campos!

Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM

Yea I was saying the double projectors the duc's have. I mean you could put a side by side headlight, it would just seem harder to make it flush on both sides of the front fairing. I've seen guys put the walmart fogs aswell, I just think they dont look too good, but they are fairly easy to install.

Maybe just try to look for an f4 headlight, I dont think its the glass one like the f2, so you can install an hid for better lighting down the road.

Since I made a 1000rr conversion on my bike , I bought the 04 1krr headlight new for $70 on ebay so its not too bad, but now that I saw it, I think I would be pretty tough to mount a dual headlight to an f2. Simply because the angle/nose of both of the bikes are different, the f2's front nose is kind of in a bubble shape, as for the 1krr its a pointy nose, but who knows you might be able to work some magic!