F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Carb sync problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011 | 03:30 PM
|
Default Carb sync problems

Im trying to sync my carbs but my bike is running like crap even at idle I can't do it properly. Ive cleaned the carbs and tried seafoam but I just can't seem to get the darn thing running properly. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 08-05-2011 | 05:54 PM

What set up you running? Like exhaust an air filter?

Old 08-05-2011 | 06:20 PM

unless you've completely stripped the carbs down and cleaned every passage and jet and set the floats to the right height you havent cleaned the carbs. If you have done that then as said also check the air filter is clean.
If you bought the bike with an aftermarket exhaust system there is a chance the po changed the jetting so check the jets if you do the carbs again.
Also set the pilot screws back to standard setting.
get your manual here.
hondatech.info: Honda service manuals

Old 08-05-2011 | 09:20 PM
|

It has a K&N filter and I think a full two brothers exhaust. I'm not sure if its jetted or not, what should I look for next time I pull them apart to see if its jetted? I guess I didn't clean that deep I just took off the bowls and took out the jets and blew air threw them and ran a wire. Everything looked pretty clean already but maybe it really wasnt. I turned the pilot screws out about 2.5 turns and Im not sure how to adjust the float levels.

Old 08-06-2011 | 09:07 AM

I had no air filter and a two brothers, switched to a uni filter and 137.5 and 142. Id get rid of that k&n it let's in too much air and is a pos. Rip the carbs again and look at the main jets and see if there stock 130. If so rejet the mugs and don't waste your money on those stupid dyno jet kits like I did, you can buy our jets for 2 bucks a piece

Old 08-07-2011 | 09:21 PM
|

Well I took the carbs off again and cleaned everything this time. They are the stock jets for the ca model 132 and 38. I put everything back together, turned the pilots 2 turns and it still runs like crap! Would the stock jets really make it run that bad?

Old 08-07-2011 | 11:29 PM

what the hell do you replace k & n filter with can you still get stock filters for these things online?

Old 08-08-2011 | 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
I had no air filter and a two brothers, switched to a uni filter and 137.5 and 142. Id get rid of that k&n it let's in too much air and is a pos. Rip the carbs again and look at the main jets and see if there stock 130. If so rejet the mugs and don't waste your money on those stupid dyno jet kits like I did, you can buy our jets for 2 bucks a piece
There is no such think as a filter that lets too much air in. Any air filter should allow at least as much air as the engine can possibly use at any given time. the air is let in by the butterfly valves in the carbs. That and metered fuel gives you the correct ratio, not the damn filter.

Old 08-08-2011 | 02:35 PM
|

Well Ive gotten it to run a little better with the pilot screws about 4 turns, is that drastic like its compensating for another problem? Its still a little hesitant off idle but I can at least ride it now and it also pops alot is that normal? Another problem has arose though the steering feels awkward like its hard to turn or like if a car isnt aligned.

Old 08-08-2011 | 03:38 PM

4 turns is it extreme its definitely compensating. Vacuum leak maybe? Try shooting carb cleaner and diff spots of air filter or maybe where the carbs connect to the intake if these things have intakes..what does it just like connect to the valvetrain anyways

https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-9...c-tool-114927/

thats my next project once my bikes running what are you using to sync your carbs?

Quick Reply: Carb sync problems