F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Bike still not quite right

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011 | 08:01 AM
|
Default Bike still not quite right

Okay, so thanks for all your help and advice so far guys. Coming from when i first bought this bike i know can rip this entire thing apart but yet still have no idea whats making this bike fail.

Ive replaced the spark plugs, cleaned the carbs, re jetted the carbs, replaced the fuel lines, speedo cables, oil change, upgraded air filter, fixed alot of air leaks, new vacuum lines and well it runs a lot better than when i first bought it but dang i'm still having problems.

I've tried calling shops about synchronizing my carburators but none of them seem to give a crap what i say and think its the problem, so screw shops i'm just going to have someone back home do it for me.

The problem that i'm having is i have full power like 1/2 - 3/4 throttle but when i got WOT or throttle past 7k it still kind of misfires or bogs out, idk it just doesn't sound like a motorcycle it sounds messed up. Its not like it starts decelerating past 7k or at wot it just accelerates and sounds really bad past 7k and i was wondering if anyone knew the last thing i needed to do to make this project complete.

Thanks in advanced Seniore Jank

Old 07-09-2011 | 07:46 AM
|

anything?

Old 07-09-2011 | 08:45 PM

Bike stock?? Can't believe a bike shop doesen't want to work with you,try and find a small independent shop that'll work with you.

Old 07-10-2011 | 01:54 PM

I highly doubt that a carb synch will fix your issue. Sounds like you've got a jetting/needle issue going on.

Old 07-10-2011 | 06:18 PM
|

^^^sounds like a good idea, but also what do you think of a bad ignition coil?

Old 07-10-2011 | 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by JesseAwesome
I highly doubt that a carb synch will fix your issue. Sounds like you've got a jetting/needle issue going on.
+1

Specific rpm range problems often relate to jetting issues....

Old 07-10-2011 | 10:52 PM
|

well we just rejetted the carbs and thats when i stopped having problems at low rpms and mid rpms but now the only one left to clear is the highs, how would i go about solving a needle issue if you don't mind me asking?

Old 07-11-2011 | 12:16 PM

Umm, explaining it without pictures is a little confusing. This needle controls the fuel mixture from 20% to 80% open throttle. Basically, you remove the needle from each carb, then you slide the clip into a higher or lower groove to lean (down) or richen (up) the mixture.

Setting jets/needle position is really an art and takes a lot of patients to get right...

Old 07-11-2011 | 01:48 PM
|

Well new information has come up. Last night i swapped cylinders 4 spark plug because I knew it was fouled. The next day the bike ran amazing for10 minutes. I loved it I finally had a fast bike. And then it started to hit that flat spot again 1/2to wot and after 7krpms. What could be causing this plug to keep fouling out. I'm guessing a bad coil

Old 07-11-2011 | 08:16 PM

Did you take the plug out after your ride to check and see if it became fouled? I'd check the coil I'm pretty sure there is a test somewhere in the manual to see if it's good....