F2 For Sale / Trade / Wanted F2 specific classifieds section. Forum rules for selling items apply -- senior member, price, pic and location in ad.

WTB: CBR F2 race exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have an f2 that im looking to header and was wondering if you ever put an f3 on yours? If so what did you need to modify if anything?

Old 03-15-2018, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a D&D on my 92 and it fricken screams!!! ill be looking for a different one soon here but i kinda don't mind cause i ride with really nice earbuds and not on track.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:48 PM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coalminer frank
I didnt think my D&D was too loud, but I never heard it on a "fly by". No one has ever ridden my bike since I've owned it. I read D&D's were not that great on performance, that why I switched to a so called "better pipe". But I actually dynoed both, of course on different days but the same dyno. Guess what? 1/2 hp difference. WTF! There is a Two Brothers F3 pipe on ebay right now. I think they'll work on F2 but I'm not sure. I knew you were looking for a steering damper because I'm a senior member, maybe.HAHA. I might have one for sale. Let me check.
So your so called better pipe produced a 1/2 a horse power peak? what about the rest of the power curve ? I thought I remember you saying that you pick up a 1/2 or 1 horse power throughout your power curve.. And wasn't there a weight savings because of the so called better pipe being made out of stainless steel and d&d steel ? especially since it's your track bike Where every horse power counts any type of weight loss is a plus, better build quality And material, and not To mention That it was developed by One of the industry's best tuners of the day Who was tuning for a very well known race team In the nineties Opposed to whatever d@d exhaust did for r&d ((if there was any)) And the obnoxious sound levels the d&d are known for And now we live in a time of disable limitsI and are checked when going to tec inspection because to much noise these days gets tracks closed down for good .. at least by me it does .. I Would have thought That you would have been pleased with those results But you sound disappointed.. But I guess we all have different expectations of what we're looking for when it to Performance.. But me personally I would've been happy with those results...

Last edited by squale147; 04-27-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, there was a 1/2 a hp increase etc, etc. I never thought to weigh both to see a difference. The build quality of the "better pipe" is top notch for sure especially compared to the D & D pipe. I was just expecting more from the better pipe, thats all. Also I really never noticed a sound difference, maybe because I repacked my D & D on a regular basis.