eXtremeFairings.com MotorcycleFairingsRUs.com now known as eXtremeFairings.com have aftermarket Honda CBR600RR Fairings, Honda CBR1000RR Fairings, Honda CBR600F4/F4i Fairings,Honda CBR954RR/CBR929RR Fairings and Honda CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird Motorcycle Fairings.

Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review

I purchased a set of fairings for a 2006 Honda CBR 600 F4i.

Shipping/Packaging:

04/30/2013 - Design sent in and approved within a few hours.
04/30/2013 - Order placed
05/15/2013 - Update - Tracking # (with note saying check in 2-3 days.) No photo
05/20/2013 - Fairings arrived.

In terms of shipping, fairly quick considering they come from China. The packaging was very good, with the exception of a few parts that were not wrapped in foam, they did get scratched in the shipping process. However, these were not items that were painted, they were the air intake covers.
For packaging and shipping I will give them 9/10.

Quality:
Here's a topic that has had mixed reviews. For me personally, I'm not very impressed with the quality, but, you get what you pay for. I was told they use vynl for the graphics, but to me it looks like it was tapped off and painted. I will also add that the painted areas were very poorly done, a lot of dust in the paint. They also didn't paint most of the edges making it very easy to chip. I already have cracks forming in the tail piece after about 4-5 rides. I will note this is nowhere near where I used the dremel.
For quality I will give them 6/10.

Fitment:

There have been a lot of people saying the tail piece on the banana seat F4i's does not fit. The first time I contacted Stephen, he told me that year was discontinued for that reason, but I could still order it if I wanted. Well, he did offer me $100 refund if the tail didn't fit. It didn't fit, but I chose not to ask for the discount. My other tail piece was damaged beyond repair, so I made do. I had to use a dremel to shave off a half inch to make it fit. The rest of the pieces fit fairly well. Don't expect these to go on as smooth as OEM plastics do. It's definitely a 2 person job. It took 2 friends and myself 4 hours to get these plastics on due to needing to drill bigger holes and pull very hard to get the holes to line up.
For fitment I will give them 7/10. (You get what you pay for)

Customer Service from this place is really great. I would always get a reply back very quickly, and Stephen never got (visibly) annoyed with my extreme amount of questions. I wish all customer service was like these guys. Customer service is a 10/10 easy.

Would I recommend these?

EDIT 7/25: After having the fairing on my bike for 21 days, I'm no longer impressed. I spend most of my time riding at night on highways or interstates on my commute home from work. After about 18 long distance rides I cleaned my bike (with water and a soft rag) to remove those dreaded bugs. I found a chip right above the headlight on the left side of the bike. I would no longer recommend these fairings to anyone as they didn't even last a month. I could have done a better paint job with spray paint.

Now for the pictures! I would also like to add that it took me so long to put these up because I was having the tank painted professionally and didn't want to put the new plastics on until it was done. The bike was previously blue. Also, you will notice it doesn't say F4i on the side fairing. I had that removed as part of my custom design. You might all know they didn't make a white 06. I also do plan on finishing the tank up.
Name:  GHsrIf6.png
Views: 135
Size:  567.1 KB

Damage on the tail piece that was shipped to me:
Name:  pnC3W69.png
Views: 131
Size:  146.6 KB

Chip on the front headlight fairing after not even a month of riding:
Name:  KQVzbzK.png
Views: 138
Size:  217.8 KB

Last edited by Spadez; 07-25-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:22 PM

I loved the write up.

But I don't like how you recommend them and that you would tell your friend to buy from them.

First of all, im not hating on you, I like my bike to look nice, and clean.

This is what I quoted off their home page

"Our bodywork is high quality aftermarket ABS plastic that we have imported from Japan. No other company can match our quality. We offer a full warranty that included parts broken in transit, parts cracked or paint smudges, that we will send you a free replacement part."

Now, forget what everyone says about not getting parts, or tail not fitting right.

I can name a site now, that has the same prices as them, but the fairings would be a lot better then this, and offer same customer service. with free shipping in most areas.

Now, with how i like my bike is very simple, if i don't like the way it looks i fix it. Now if my fairings "need" replacing why would I purchase fairings that aren't painted properly, that don't fit properly or start chipping in a few rides.

Most riders on this site would consider those fairings trash and would want their money back. I know i would. The site also offers OEM fitment, and if it takes 2+ people, and a dremmel I think there is an issue.

Thanks for the review it's amazing, I know now to order from the same guys I always order from and I wont have to worry about missing pieces.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by ArcticSummon
I loved the write up.

But I don't like how you recommend them and that you would tell your friend to buy from them.

First of all, im not hating on you, I like my bike to look nice, and clean.

This is what I quoted off their home page

"Our bodywork is high quality aftermarket ABS plastic that we have imported from Japan. No other company can match our quality. We offer a full warranty that included parts broken in transit, parts cracked or paint smudges, that we will send you a free replacement part."

Now, forget what everyone says about not getting parts, or tail not fitting right.

I can name a site now, that has the same prices as them, but the fairings would be a lot better then this, and offer same customer service. with free shipping in most areas.

Now, with how i like my bike is very simple, if i don't like the way it looks i fix it. Now if my fairings "need" replacing why would I purchase fairings that aren't painted properly, that don't fit properly or start chipping in a few rides.

Most riders on this site would consider those fairings trash and would want their money back. I know i would. The site also offers OEM fitment, and if it takes 2+ people, and a dremmel I think there is an issue.

Thanks for the review it's amazing, I know now to order from the same guys I always order from and I wont have to worry about missing pieces.

Thanks for the reply. If it's not too much trouble could you possibly private message me the name of this other place. I plan on selling this bike as soon as I'm done with physical therapy and I would love to know for future reference my other options. These guys do offer good plastics, but I really just needed something to stick on them to make it look better for resale. It looks fine it my opinion because I've seen worse plastics from Chine/Japan, but I'm sure there are better. I didn't have time to deal with refunds. I was more willing to take a loss on the plastics than go any longer without riding. I work 70 miles from my house and my car is not the most gas efficient.

I love doing reviews on products so I'm glad you enjoyed my review.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 PM

Loved reviews. Makes other peoples life easy.

Sent you a message with the one.

Hopefully you will do a review of them, hopefully better then this

Mitch

Old 08-02-2013, 05:57 PM

CRC fairings are a reasonable price with reasonable quality

Old 09-23-2013, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by ArcticSummon
Loved reviews. Makes other peoples life easy.

Sent you a message with the one.

Hopefully you will do a review of them, hopefully better then this

Mitch

I would like to know the name of the other site as well....

Old 10-15-2013, 10:09 AM

Why Not List the Name of the Better company so all of us can Order a good set the First Time

Old 10-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by TorreyG123
Why Not List the Name of the Better company so all of us can Order a good set the First Time
Because this is a forum sponsor specific forum. It's not appropriate to promote a competing company here.

However if he would like to mention the company in another section, he's more than encouraged to do so. I sure would like to know...

Old 11-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Registered Users
Default Do not buy from Extreme Fairings

My tail fairing does not fit from them. I try to email them 2 weeks ago. No response. I try to chat and I get cut off. Steve says he knows nobody with fitment issues. So me Trent Dog, NewSense45, and you Spadez has never talked to him about this issue. He offered me a refunded discount as well, but when I asked for it, he said no. Worst customer service, and horrible fairings. If any body wants to see the emails, and responses this piece of work left me. PM me. Here is a quote I have saved on my email from this guy Stephen. " i honestly couldn't give two ****es about you now." That's extreme farings customer service wrapped up in one quote.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered Users
Exclamation Lets see if it gets corrected

Steve has just gotten back to me. He is aware of fitment issue, and is going to get an OEM fairing to show and correct issue with manufacturer. Said he will send me a new tail fairing when the mold is corrected.
Hopefully he is being genuine, and corrects the issue. I will update when one is available. At the moment, I would not order from them, but it could change if the fitment issue is corrected.

Quick Reply: Review