CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, Austrailia, Antarctica (https://cbrforum.com/forum/europe-asia-south-america-africa-austrailia-antarctica-64/)
-   -   Australian Riders? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/europe-asia-south-america-africa-austrailia-antarctica-64/australian-riders-21103/)

gassarvet 08-19-2006 11:57 AM

Australian Riders?

Are there any Aussies on the forum and where are you from. I am moving to Austalia this Spring time From Sweden lived down in Melbourne last time I was there for 18mths but I am thinking about the Brisbane area this time. Can anyone tell me what the roads are like up there, anything like the Great ocean road?? Are there any tracks for motorbike riding up there?? If you US guys have any Info please reply!
Regards the Swede!

pacemaker 08-22-2006 09:26 AM

RE: Australian Riders?

Queensland roads range from excellent, to total crap. But that's fairly consistant with the rest of Australia.
The main roads, especially on the coast are good, but like all Main roads, there can be a of lot of traffic. But ok if you pick your times, there are some good runs from Brisbane, either up the coast, south & across the boarder into NSW (Byron Bay, Murwillumbah), but some of the best are South West, And if your keen out to Lamington National Park.
I like both places for different reasons, Brisbane (Queensland) is different from Melbourne, It's more outdoorsy, where Melbourne is fairly sophisticated, and cold in winter, Brisbane is warm and bloody humid in summer, but its getting there as far as a city goes, (they both have their good and bad points). It's close to the Gold Coast, and major tourist mecca with lots of tanned bods, and then theres the Sunshine Coast (More tanned bods).
Not a bad thing really, and these places are leisurely cruise away. People are friendly, and their beer isn't that bad either, but I think they train their police by making them watch movies like "Cool Hand Luke" & "The Dukes of Hazzard" So be warned.
But there could be worse places to live.

Look up the Queensland/Brisbane tourist info, and you may get a better idea of wots around as far as things to do.
Oh and I'm from Newcastle, a couple of hours North of Sydney

gassarvet 08-28-2006 04:08 PM

Thank¨s for your reply! I stayed in Newcastle for one night passing through to the barreier reaf. sitting behind the wheel in a Ford falcon that time. So I dont know much about the Motorcycling up there. Are there any racetracks that you can get to ride??

pacemaker 08-29-2006 09:58 PM

Nearest one to here is in Eastern Creek, west of Sydney, that have a big selection for ride days, not sure about Brissie, but their bound to have something up there.

gassarvet 09-03-2006 06:57 AM

Read something about queensland raceway, is that further north? Will serch for info! Thanks for replys do you have nice roads down in Newcastle?

pacemaker 09-03-2006 08:54 AM

Yes & No, there are some very good scratcher roads once you get out of Newcastle itself, there is a great road that runs from Singleton (about an hours ride West) and then you head South West, about 100 klms of road ranging from tight twisties to great banked curves, this also includes logging & other trucks, sheer sandstone rock walls, rock falls, gravel, and other speed maniacs in cars & other bikes, but a very satisfying ride. especially when you turn around and head back home. It has only one place to stop, sort of half way, petrol coffee, food and thankfully a toilet. bike riders are tough, but not that tough.

peterk 09-03-2006 11:48 AM

another aussie here, but not from Q'land though, i thought only retired people moved there, lol. been there a few times a bit further north of Port Douglas, beautiful part of the country. i'm from the Blue Mountains abt 1 hr west of Sydney, enjoy your stay...

gassarvet 09-06-2006 06:18 PM

G'day mate!! Will have to put in a few more working years before I get the plesure of retirement! Woud not mind though, would be nice to just ride!!

peterk 09-07-2006 10:22 AM

yes, i'll second that, i'm running 4 casual jobs at the moment, still manage to squeeze the rides in...

j0el 09-09-2006 04:02 AM

hi, im from mogo on the south coast of new south wales.:)

DrDRFT 09-12-2006 03:51 PM

GDay all!
I'm from Melbourne! We have really good rides down here!! Lots of twistys and long mountin runs and in summer we have lots of tanny bods around. I grew up in queensland and moved here 13years ago and find that it is much better down here. Unless you want to retire then QLD would be the place to do it. Much more relaxing atmosphere up there. Everyone is walking and talking slower.(In a good way). Melbourne is much more hip and happy though. We are the most liveable city. Moto GP here too......;)

Phill 09-25-2006 12:49 AM

I'm on the central coast, NSW. somewhere between the "old" road and putty road!! those that know them enjoy them.
dont ride too much anymore, the poor old bike needs a lot of tlc and the bank balance needs a lot more tlc!
soon, soon.
Phill

trixtrem 11-01-2006 09:12 AM

yep from melbourne, anytime ppl want to catch up drop me a line.... look forward to meetin some new ppl, and goin for some good rides....

peace

Triangle 11-06-2006 09:59 PM

I didn't notice this sectin of the forum existed...

I'm in Queensland... and I'm no where near retirement age :)

It seems in Queenslend, it's all about getting into mountain ranges. I live in Bundaberg and it is about the flatest straightest place on earth.

Once you get off the highway, there's very little chance of running into a speed camera so I guess that's a bonus.

rsser 11-20-2006 01:03 AM

ORIGINAL: trixtrem

yep from melbourne, anytime ppl want to catch up drop me a line.... look forward to meetin some new ppl, and goin for some good rides....

peace

Hey trixtem, I ride with these guys ... pretty hard sport riding: www.mstcv.net.au

Cheers,

Ern

Kearnsy 11-28-2006 06:08 PM

YEH secret section -nice. Kearnsy here, I moved to Perth a few years back . From Brisvagas originally. Theres some pretty good rides over here actually. that Obriens rd that Brocky got stuck on is a corker. Also lots of long strait roads to see what ur Bike can do. Not too much fuzz (cops) once you get outa town really. Any one know any good sites to meet local riders?????????

rsser 02-12-2007 06:51 AM

Bump ...;)

So who's ridden what and where over the summer?

gassarvet 02-18-2007 06:49 AM

I have been stuck here in freezing Sweden for one last winter!! So no riding at all!!!! Still waiting for a Case Officer to stamp my papers and give me a grant number![:@]Whats riding like in winter in Brissie! I can't wait to get going! One good thing is that the -07 CBR's have been released down there!

bonnetboy 02-19-2007 05:51 PM

Hey all, My name is Dan. I got a 92 CBR1000F Down here on the Far South Coast of NSW. Some of the best riding roads around here. Got coastal beach roads &mountain roads, & a bike shop in almost every second town you come to.
Dan

rsser 02-19-2007 06:23 PM

Hi Dan,

Which town?

Yep, some of the best roads down your way. Pity about Mr Plod on the Princes tho [:'(] and double demerit points on public holidays suck!!

Gass ... you'll be going from one extreme to the other! Got your order in for the new 'blade yet?

bonnetboy 02-20-2007 07:32 AM

Hey rsser,
Down near Bega.... Yes, where the cheese is made. Am heading for a ride up to Batemans Bay tomorrow, just for a day ride, will be about 400kms round trip.

Dan

gassarvet 02-22-2007 09:15 AM

No haven't placed an order! Is that nessesery? Only if you want't the limited Rrepsol right! I'm hoping to get my hands on a black one. Will contact some dealers to see what's up!

DrDRFT 08-12-2007 01:55 PM

Yo any one from downunder still visit this site? Anyone from Melb still riding in this weather?
Hello,
Giday,
N E 1......?

rsser 08-13-2007 05:05 AM

Sure are mate.

Lots of sportbike riders, esp Hondas ... open, friendly group ride, every Sunday- a club but you can try before you join - see itinerary at http://www.mstcv.net.au/ Tell 'em Ern sent you; you'll be very welcome.

gvma 09-07-2007 01:49 AM

I am from Victoria, a city called Shepparton, 2 hrs north of Melbourne. Have heaps of open flat roads, and only a short ride to the mountains from here for all the turns, ups & downs etc. Good central spot.

rsser 09-07-2007 01:57 AM

Hey GVMA, welcome.

Gotta watch that fruit on the road up your way ;-}

Or maybe not, these days :(

Cheers, Ern

gvma 09-09-2007 01:39 AM

Or not is more like it, pretty dry at the mo'

gassarvet 09-25-2007 03:57 AM

Hi finaly down under!! Have been here forthree month's now!! Renting and working on the Sunny Coast right now! Bought my blade and loving it and itis all about the hinterlands but they are worth going to!!
So Shepparton eyh, have only laded on your airstrip onece when I got my PPL out of Morabbin. Will be going down to the Island to see the race in October!

Pet_jul 12-12-2007 04:51 AM

Hi guys just wondering if there is anybody in brisbane looking for someone to go for a ride with on weekends. All my friends are dead set boring no goers.cheers peter ps live on south side brissy half way to coast.

BrissyBrad 12-19-2007 08:33 AM

Hey brissy here also a member of qmrf we meet every friday night at stones corner hotel out the front you cant miss us http://s7.invisionfree.com/qld_motor...ex.php?act=idxcheck the web page usually theirs a ride every weekend

pacemaker 12-21-2007 04:56 AM

As I will be hopefully legless for the next few days (my In-Laws arrive in the morning, staying for a week) Like to wish the Aussie riders a Merry & Really, Really, Safe Christmas. Don't forget that with the hols, every d**k head & his Blue Heeler will be on the road, as well as the boys in blue (who will be really pissed about being rostered on over Chrissie). Stay safe.

rsser 12-21-2007 12:59 PM

Thanks PM.

Echo that.

There's gunna be plenty of tired and emotional peeps on the road. Go safe everyone.

jaghunter 02-28-2008 12:57 AM

Just moved to Australia, super depressed cuz had to leave my bikes in the states.

romano007 02-28-2008 03:20 AM

melbourne boy anyone out in melbourne you will see me on the cbr 600 with my plates LITUP

gassarvet 03-13-2008 03:42 AM

Hi there! I just moved to south side Brissie. Coomera actually and am always up for a ride. I am also a member of QMRF and will catch one of their rides soon enough.

NOC 04-14-2008 12:02 PM

Heya lads, thought I better post here... in central VIC, Bendigo.. gawd middle of nowwhere.. lol always riding down to Melbournetoo meet up with other friends who ride aswell.

cbrsixpack 01-01-2009 05:47 AM

Any 1 here anymore?? Im in Central Vic also..

Zrex1200 01-12-2009 04:53 AM

Hey lets see if there is any life in this thread.
Living in Mackay Qld. Furtherest south I have lived in 30 yrs.
Did I say that to S L O W[8D].

Man,..... Ol'Mate thinks Bundy is Flat, try Mackay. I think I am spoilt after 10 yrs riding around Cairns [sm=icon_rock.gif].

Weegee 10-19-2009 08:39 PM

Hey guys I'm from Cronulla area in Sydney anyone keen for rides on Saturdays down the coast to Robertson pie shop via the National Park?

TheNigel 04-06-2010 05:41 AM

Hi All,

Looks like it's been a while since any action in this thread.

Im hailing from Adelaide, South Australia. As per my sig, I currently have a 98 CBR600 f3. purely stock at this stage.