First time at the track 954RR - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

Drag Racing Raced a guy from a light? Been to a night at the track?? Tell your story here.

First time at the track 954RR

  #1  
Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Default First time at the track 954RR

went to the track for the first time on a bike and took my bone stock 2002 CBR 954 RR , Pretty hard to get it to launch properly without doing a wheelie

but managed a best time of [email protected] mph with a 1.88 60ft and my best reaction time of the day was .509
 
  #2  
Old 05-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Aken's Avatar
July 2008 ROTM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 3,002
Default

Not a bad time at all for your first trip. Reaction time is actually pretty crappy in drag racing terms, but that's not something you should focus on or care about when you're just getting into it, so that doesn't matter
 
  #3  
Old 05-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by Aken View Post
Not a bad time at all for your first trip. Reaction time is actually pretty crappy in drag racing terms, but that's not something you should focus on or care about when you're just getting into it, so that doesn't matter
Thanks

i thought the reaction time was pretty good considering that anything under .500 here is a red light. So i thought .509 would be considered pretty good actually
 
  #4  
Old 05-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Default

couple of pics from a drag racing competition this weekend










 
  #5  
Old 05-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 93
Default

Great time, and great pics!
 
  #6  
Old 05-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Aken's Avatar
July 2008 ROTM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 3,002
Default

Originally Posted by 954RR//Iceland View Post
Thanks

i thought the reaction time was pretty good considering that anything under .500 here is a red light. So i thought .509 would be considered pretty good actually
Well then that's pretty good, then! Our track does it starting at .000, so obviously that's not very good here. So nevermind that.
 
  #7  
Old 08-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Salem,Oregon
Posts: 51
Default

Nice work. Youre really close to my times on my 929 and i've got it lowered, stretched and foot shifting with a quick shifter. guess I'd better step it up
 
  #8  
Old 08-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by medicbaldwin View Post
Nice work. Youre really close to my times on my 929 and i've got it lowered, stretched and foot shifting with a quick shifter. guess I'd better step it up

hehe i traded the CBR for a K7 1000 GSX-R , and my best time now is [email protected] all motor and best time with a 30 shot and a slow start is [email protected]











 
  #9  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:26 AM
maverick0716's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 85
Default

That was a damn nice cbr you had. They never made them in yellow here.
 
  #10  
Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 246
Default

Wow that was a nice stock 954 and it was sure pulling some fast times. What was the miles on it before you sold it for the GSXR?
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First time at the track 954RR


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.