Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW: The Ultimate Detailer question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW: The Ultimate Detailer question

Hey, hope everything is well with everyone!
I usually just hose down and dry my F4i, but I want to actually clean her. I went to my local shop and the guy recommended the ultimate detailer. He told me that I should just spray and wipe. Is that really all that is needed? Any other tips on cleaning are welcomed!
Best,
Mendigo

Old 05-04-2011, 02:21 PM

From what I have read, the ultimate detailer is just to remove light dust, fingerprints, etc.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for? Sounds like its for cars that stay in the showroom untouched

Old 05-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use simple green to get the tough stuff out.
spray on wipe off, rinse down then plexus.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 PM

Meguiars Ultimate Detailer is pretty good stuff. Meguiar's Direct Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer™

I use it all the time on my bike and my other vehicles. For products available at the local store, you cant go very wrong with any product from Mothers or Meguiars. I have an automotive detailing business on the side and can recommend products available at auto parts stores or strictly online.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:44 PM

sounds like i bought the wrong stuff hehe well, i guess i could use it after i clean it...
I was more in the market for something to wash my bike with (soap type of thing). I'm a lil lost, since i have never really had to wash a motorcycle before (my previous one was pretty beat up and i didn't really care how it looked). I'm going to look at some of the Meguiar's stuff i never though about using simple green (i have some at home), i might just give it a shot as well! thanks for the help!!!!

Old 05-07-2011, 11:22 AM

I use the ultimate detail and a clean microfiber to clean light dust or a bugs off my bike/helmet after a ride. If its really dirty then you will want to wash the bike though.

Just get a bucket, microfiber wash mit, and some Meguiars gold class car wash soap. Wash your bike then use a CLEAN microfiber drying towel or an Absorber to dry it.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Washing up liquid, a sponge/cloth and finish off with a chamoise leather. If you can be bothered to polish then polish. THat's another thread.
The types of cleaner that say spray on, rinse off will very likely take dye out of your paint work. Be very careful with this kind of product. It's meant for trials bikes covered in earth/mud.
The best cleaning product on the planet is still free(ish). Water! Add in what you like. Cocoa Cola works pretty well on Chrome.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it! I just bought some Meguiars wash soap and a few cloths and going to wash her in a sec! thanks again!
Cheers

Old 06-11-2011, 02:52 PM

This is all you need man.

Spray it on, and just wipe it off with a proper rag (a la not a paper towel)

Old 06-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best cleaning product on the planet is still free(ish). Water! Add in what you like.
Hell yeah, Henry. They don't call it the universal solvent for nothing.

But yes... the Meguiars ultimate detailer is pretty decent between washes. Smells good, too. Simple green for the harder stuff.

Quick Reply: WOW: The Ultimate Detailer question