Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stickers on the swingarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stickers on the swingarm

whats the best stuff to get those stupid warning stickers off of the swing arm? goo gone? or a hair dryer and slowly scratch them off... anyone done this?

Old 02-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WD-40 has always worked for me. Although I've heard Goo-Gone works good too. Just remove the decal, saturate any remaining adhesive with the product of your choice, and use a coarse towel to rub it off. If it's real stuborn you can use a credit card (or similar) so as to not scratch anything up.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:18 AM

I just used a hair dryer...they peel right off once they're warmed up

Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 PM

I got one of my decals off with just a hair dryer and the other one with lighter fluid. Take your time with a hair dryer because if you go to fast you get lots of nasty residue.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:25 PM

i used the hair dyer but there was a little bit of residue left like you said, goo-gone got rid of tht problem quite well! thanks for the imput guys

Old 06-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Default tank stickers

I also plan on removing the warning stickers on the swingarm, as well as those on the tank. Would I remove the tank stickers the same way? I want to make sure I don't scratch or damage anything. I removed the stickers on my Seca II a while back, but they were so old that they chipped into pieces, and it took hours to do. I assume this will be much easier since these stickers aren't 17 years old, lol. Also, there's no outlet near my car port, so I figured I'd just park the bike in the sun for a few minutes to get it warm first, then go at it with Goo Gone and a rag. Any advice is much appreciated.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you got the right idea 92seca2. All there is to it is some elbow grease & patience

Old 06-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Default awesome

Thanks, Incognito. I'll be doing that this week, so I'll let you guys know if I run into any problems. Probably a piece of cake though. I just don't feel like staring at those warnings that say "Always wear a helmet" and "Look both ways before crossing the street" every time I hop on. I get it already! I especially don't need "Stop, drop and roll" or "4 nuts on 2 wheels don't mix" there on the swingarm. You guys have the same stickers right? I mean seriously, who do they think we are?

Last edited by 92seca2; 06-02-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by 92seca2
I also plan on removing the warning stickers on the swingarm, as well as those on the tank. Would I remove the tank stickers the same way? I want to make sure I don't scratch or damage anything. I removed the stickers on my Seca II a while back, but they were so old that they chipped into pieces, and it took hours to do. I assume this will be much easier since these stickers aren't 17 years old, lol. Also, there's no outlet near my car port, so I figured I'd just park the bike in the sun for a few minutes to get it warm first, then go at it with Goo Gone and a rag. Any advice is much appreciated.
Don't just go at it man!

Take your time, it's your tank-your pride and joy.

I did it with a heat gun and it came off no problem.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Default btw

They all came off just fine. I let the bike sit in the sun to warm up first, peeled them off, and then cleaned it up with Goo Gone and a microfiber rag. No damage whatsoever. It looks WAY better now. I'm glad too because man, those stickers on my old bike were impossible to get off without scratching the paint. That bike's already scratched up though so you can't tell anyway.

Quick Reply: stickers on the swingarm