Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polishing compound/Wax residue on textured black plastics and black powdercoat... removal!?

Old 05-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polishing compound/Wax residue on textured black plastics and black powdercoat... removal!?

I have polishing compound and wax residue on my textured black plastics and my powdercoated black parts and pressure washing them will not remove the residue. It looks horrible, really sloppy looking. What would you recommend for getting this off that will not dull the black or mess up the powder coating?

-Berg

Old 05-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Default RE: Polishing compound/Wax residue on textured black plastics and black powdercoat... removal!?

I dunno about the powder coating but for the textured black plastics I've used ArmorAll wipes and WD-40 before.

If you use the ArmorAll cleaning wipes it usually takes a few cleanings to get it to go away completely. It looks like it's gone but it comes back slightly after the ArmorAll wears off. WD-40 on the other hand, I used that last time I got wax residue on my textured plastics and I haven't seen it come back yet. Plus it gives you a nice shiny black haha.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Default RE: Polishing compound/Wax residue on textured black plastics and black powdercoat... removal!?

ORIGINAL: scattabrain

I dunno about the powder coating but for the textured black plastics I've used ArmorAll wipes and WD-40 before.

If you use the ArmorAll cleaning wipes it usually takes a few cleanings to get it to go away completely. It looks like it's gone but it comes back slightly after the ArmorAll wears off. WD-40 on the other hand, I used that last time I got wax residue on my textured plastics and I haven't seen it come back yet. Plus it gives you a nice shiny black haha.
Nice tip- Thanks!

For the record- the Honda spray polish will not leave a residue and still makes a great shine.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:41 PM

also try a mild cleaner and a short/stiff bristled soft brush

Old 06-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard peanutbutter works fantastic for that.

EDIT: https://cbrforum.com/fb.asp?m=297172

Old 07-12-2008, 12:40 PM

try using the Turtle Wax Ice. great shine and doesn't leave any white residue on anything.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:58 PM

i did hear peanut butter works? havent tried it though? as for wax, i use S100 or Nattys Blue, wipe on wipe off, no waiting to haze period, and it wont stain black plastic

Old 08-25-2008, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Onarom

ORIGINAL: scattabrain

Nice tip- Thanks!

For the record- the Honda spray polish will not leave a residue and still makes a great shine.

pluss 1. bow down to honda polish, best **** ever.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:45 PM
June 2009 ROTM

I use WD-40 for removing that too, great stuff.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:17 PM

I used peanut butter on the front bumper of my truck when i got wax compound on it. it was textured plastice and im guessing the oil in the peanut butter just took it out. then i just used soapy water to get the peanut butter out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Polishing compound/Wax residue on textured black plastics and black powdercoat... removal!?