Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Article on The Visual Up Keep

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Article on The Visual Up Keep

I'm new to this forum. I've been detailing for pretty much all my short 29 years alive. I've detailed about 12 motorcycles total so I like any detailer want to know what's the best way to clean your bike and keep it looking brand new. Motorcycles are soo much different then cars. For one the electronics and motor is greatly exposed compared to a automobile.
I did alot of searching on the proper way to clean and take care of your bike visually. This is the best article I found. It covers everything from removing chain lube to the tools to get all the shiz out of the thousands of crevises on a motorcycle. Actually has one of the weirdest product choices to detail your bike with before a night out at the track or club meet. It's a great article. Check it out.

http://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/detailing.php

Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts
Default RE: Great Article on The Visual Up Keep

Thanks CementHead, that is a good article. Its interesting that in the early 80's I used to use Pledge on my bikes. I don't know why I forgot about that. It does work great. I too use kerosene on my chain when cleaning. Although I hadn't thought about using it on other parts of the bike.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:42 PM

great link.. i would have never thought to use pledge!! usually detailing my bike is a hated task since i live in phoenix but we have had rain the past couple of days making it nasty to ride.. going to shine it up now!! Another great point on a clean bike is that it shows pride in ownership!!

Old 04-10-2008, 01:58 AM

This is my 3rd and final post of this photo today but I just read in another thread about using pledge and I was impressed with the outcome. This is the results AFTER a 30 minute ride to school and 2 hours of class (so it wans't still wet)

Name:  Pledge.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  46.5 KB

I think I am going to regularly switch between this and the Honda Polish

Old 06-24-2008, 05:41 AM

Try this link for cleaning your bike. Imformative vids and good results. There are 5 vids in all, this is the link to the first one.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HREqf4...eature=related