Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any credible replacements to the HONDA POLISH?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 06:37 AM
|
Default Any credible replacements to the HONDA POLISH?

Sonow that PRO is no longer producing the "classic" HONDAspray polish, Is there anything that seems to work as good, i bought the last few cans from my dealer and now i am finally runing low. I tried the "yamaha polish" which the tech guy @ the stealershipsaid works just as good if not better, but i found it is not as easy on and off, It is alot thicker. I noticed on Honda's website they seem to have another product, Called Polish but it isn't the same traditional black spray can?? Any opinions?

Old 02-06-2008 | 06:51 PM
Default RE: Any credible replacements to the HONDA POLISH?

Are you looking to actually polish or clean the paint before you wax it? Polish removes from visible scratches to micro scratches that dull the finish. I use Klasse All In One. It's a Paint Cleaner, Polish and Protectant. Literally the best you can buy. I've been using it on Porsche's to ABS painted plastic. It's one of only that actually bonds painted plastic.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/kus-kla-10.html

What are you looking to do or results? When I detail motorcycles. After washing with car soap. I clay the paint and chrome, to get all the heavy contamints off. Then I use a paint cleaner. After I use a non cutting polish to smooth paint if needed. If you haven't since you bought it in a couple of years then go ahead but you don't want to polish if you dont' have to. Then I use P21S.
I can give you a code to save 15% or free shipping at autopia-carcare.com I'm not affiliated with them but honestly can say there great for any question you have and have the best affordable products.

Old 02-06-2008 | 07:21 PM

I believe the same stuff is available it just dosn't have the Honda logo.
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/st...p;ID=714627179
I think Honda pulled its name off of it becauseit was not envrionmentally friendly.

Plexus is a good substitute.

Old 02-06-2008 | 10:02 PM

Klasse is good but Optimum Poli-Seal is good, also for cleaning the bike so is there no wash product.

http://optimumcarcare.com/optimumpolish.html#poli

http://optimumcarcare.com/norinse.html

Not very known yet but if you look at my thread of the cars ive detailed its mostly optimum. If you want a good cleaner wax use NXT or the poli-seal then top it off with Megs #26.

Eventually u get this

Name:  IMG_4893.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  129.0 KB

Old 02-07-2008 | 07:52 AM
|

ORIGINAL: CementHead

What are you looking to do or results?
In the past i just used the honda spray polish, basically everytime i went out, i would spray it on and wipe basically the whole bike down, it would look likea million bucks and didn't leave any residue. worked well on windscreens tanks, plastics, i wiped the wheels down... you name it, I never really washed it unless i hit mud puddlesor something. I never waxed it either.

My main objective would be to dust it down give it some shineclean fingerprints off.Without having to "wet" the bike.5 minute wipe down before i left.

Old 02-07-2008 | 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: sweetdeal
In the past i just used the honda spray polish, basically everytime i went out, i would spray it on and wipe basically the whole bike down, it would look likea million bucks and didn't leave any residue. worked well on windscreens tanks, plastics, i wiped the wheels down... you name it, I never really washed it unless i hit mud puddlesor something. I never waxed it either.

My main objective would be to dust it down give it some shineclean fingerprints off.Without having to "wet" the bike.5 minute wipe down before i left.
[/quote]

I never have had any luck with something I can use on all surfaces. I know why u don't want to wash your bike. I hope you at least clean paint and wax it at the beginning of every season. Because you just don't want to keep coating over micro contamints you can't see. If you clean the paint then wax every season and at the end of the riding season you remove it all, then what you do is fine. Cause Motorcycles don't see salt and to much rain.

I suggest two products to ya. One is 303 Protectant. It's one of only few that has 100% UV protectation, repels dust and staining for up to 5 weeks on rubber, vinyl, fibergalss, plastic and tires. So you can pretty much use it on everything on a bike. I just wouldn't on paint because you won't get the shine you want. Nothing is better for protecting. I use it on my helmet, shield, corbin seats, and plastic.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/303-30340.html

On the paint I would use Sonus Carnauba Spritz. I go through two boxes of this every year for my limited customers. They love it, because it rejuvinates the wax like you just spent all day waxing. You get a great wet look. Even at night.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-210.html

SAVEBIG if you put in the promo or coupon code will save you 15% on your order.

Hope I helped ya. Those are the two I sell to motorcycle customers and they come back all the time for it.

Old 03-20-2008 | 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: kodiak1122

I believe the same stuff is available it just dosn't have the Honda logo.
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/st...p;ID=714627179
I think Honda pulled its name off of it becauseit was not envrionmentally friendly.

Plexus is a good substitute.

good call buddy.. it is the same.. i was going to chip in the same thing.

Old 04-05-2008 | 01:32 AM

I use a product called Liquid Glass this stuff is amazing and the more you put on the better the shine. Also the more coats you have on the more your paint is protected. Its about 20 dollars acan and you can pick it up at Autozone or Pep Boys. The best part is a little goes a long ways and it leaves no white residue. There is also Liquid glass precleaner which is also an awesome product I would use this first to remove the old polish along with fine scratches and hazing this is about 8 dollars a bottle at Pep Boys.

Old 04-10-2008 | 01:45 AM

I was shocked when someone in another thread said that Pledge dusting spray works well. I figured I would give it a try- I sprayed on and wiped off and this is what I got...

Name:  Pledge.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  46.5 KB

Old 04-14-2008 | 11:40 AM

+1 for Pledge.....stuff rocks!

Quick Reply: Any credible replacements to the HONDA POLISH?