CBR of the Month This section is specifically for issues pertaining to CBR of the month nominations and voting!

November 2012 ROTM Nomination Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a nice bike Sprock, looks like new!!

Old 11-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay Stu & ConRice need to accept

Who's gonna bug the crap out of them ?

Then we'll have 4

Old 11-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry went to Tucson for Thanksgiving.
I'LL accept

Old 11-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprock
Nominate yourself to death my fine Bostonian Friend

& thx on the Hurricane - looked nothing like that last spring
there were squirrels nested in the motor in the garage it was
abandoned to.

Hell Jason you have skin in this thread - you should run too man !
when you first posted the picture i didnt relize it was actually yours...i thougt you found it in the picture gallery.. that really is one really nice bike.. and you say it was abandoned??? did you buy it at estate auction??
anyway seriously nice find!! usually when i find something that old.. the plastcs are in either a box or a 3mil home depot bag and the carburator is in a milk crate...lucky thats all got to say, really lucky.. it looks like it just came from the showroom... i still cant believe it, i'm still in awe.. that was bike was cutting edge technolgy back then... i can still remember,, wow a huricane!!!! a couple o my buddies had them until the cbr:s made their apearance on the scene...and i bet you could probably find at least a couple cycleworld magezines out there whith that bike on the cover..
shoot, seeingt you accepted the nom.. i'm going to see if i can dig something up for you...it will look cool with your specs...
Name:  huri.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  41.4 KB

Last edited by jasonchristopher; 11-23-2012 at 01:51 AM. Reason: adding picture
Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
AND adrenalinjunky TAKES IT!!! AS HE SCARES AWAY THE Competition..
this is a thread i've been looking forward to, did you see the tumble weed go by???
ok, so my reply is'nt a wasted couple of sentances.. i nominate Conrice... even though he hasnt updated is build thread, i've seen an updated picture somewhere on the site and his bike is looking pretty HOT!!!
Originally Posted by regener8ed
conrice = seconded
thanks fellas, but my bike right now... well it doesn't even look like a bike. i wouldn't want to take even one vote away from anyone. believe me, when it goes down the road, i'll pimp my bike for rotm. thanks jason and regener8ed.

an update though - the motor runs. i ran it on the stock ecu for about 2 seconds. i should be picking up an O/A torch/welder this week - and that'll really let me finish the gas tank and airbox. from there all i need is the top tree and then to make the subframe and it'll be ready for paint. im getting close.

thanks again everyone

Old 11-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry conrice.. tottally didnt mean to put you on the spot..i happened to come across a thread with a photo i've never seen of your bike..its not in your build thread so i thought it was new.. anyway i tottally know how you feel.. i wont put my bike up until its done too!!!! and if i entered it before its ready , i feel like it would be unfair to the bike... anyway this is the photo i came across and dude this is a awesome ride just the way it is!!! i'm jelous i hope i get a set of majical wrenches this christmas so maybe we can go head to head this spring in a fighter shootout.. what do you think of that!!! please note: i had a really big smile writing that!!!

Old 11-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe it's a bit clearer now......................
Nice job !

Attached Thumbnails November 2012 ROTM Nomination Thread!-user69123_pic19218_1353736752.jpg  
Old 11-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@ JC no I got it in Georgetown MA near where I work and the plastics were messed up
pretty good nothing repair work and colorite paint was not able to take care of. Also
I had to put carbs on it the stock one were all gummed up real bad , did the stick coil
mod, nice corbin , new rubber , new brakes , new grips with extra heavy bar ends, new
MRA touring screen & new chain and sprockets and now she halls aSZ big time, I'd have
to say it's the fastest most responsive and most nimble of the three I have. This is
silver Hurricane #2 for me (because everyone knows the silver ones are the best) & I
have a 93 in black too only atm it's in bits on my garage floor in another fit of
"I'm bored so lets upgrade a Hurricane "

BTW

that Hurricane mag is of a 600.... here's the "one" in the "special color"

Old 11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
sorry conrice.. tottally didnt mean to put you on the spot..i happened to come across a thread with a photo i've never seen of your bike..its not in your build thread so i thought it was new.. anyway i tottally know how you feel.. i wont put my bike up until its done too!!!! and if i entered it before its ready , i feel like it would be unfair to the bike... anyway this is the photo i came across and dude this is a awesome ride just the way it is!!! i'm jelous i hope i get a set of majical wrenches this christmas so maybe we can go head to head this spring in a fighter shootout.. what do you think of that!!! please note: i had a really big smile writing that!!!
no worries man, like i said, i feel honored someone would nominate me. that pic is about a year old, and now i'm really in the process of building my dream bike.

thanks again, and i definitely would love a fighter shootout for rotm!

Old 11-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Are we going to vote this month?

Looking like its going to be a one day voting frenzy.....