CBR of the Month This section is specifically for issues pertaining to CBR of the month nominations and voting!
View Poll Results: November 2009 ROTM Voting
cbrsixpack
48.62%
rellimdekim
40.37%
burk3385
11.01%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

November 2009 ROTM Voting Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swear I have never seen this many people with antique bikes in one place.. Dont get me wrong I think your bikes look nice, but they have old school technology.

Will a 1000F do 100 in first gear? How much does your bike weigh? 700 lbs? I mean I have seen people that weigh more than my bike.. I guess all in all it comes down to the fact that you have what was cream of the crop in the 90s but you have to understand that my bike is the best there is to offer. The '08-'10 model 1000RR out performs all previous year 1000's and wont be bested for a while.

I do have to say that you have a lot of work in your bike, I mean that much 20+ year old plastic has to be a pain to keep in good shape... you probably have enough plastic on one side of those 1000Fs to make the body work for 2-3 1000RRs. and the double cans are a thing of the past... or a thing a vtwin should have... or a gixxer.. wait, didnt the 2010 gixxer have two cans? I think it did... so I would have to call the 1000F the gixxer of the Liter Hondas... you all think about that when voting... vote for the real liter bike or the gixxer liter bike.....

hahaha... in all seriousness you all have nice bikes, I wish you all the best of luck, this has turned into a really close race...

Old 11-26-2009, 10:21 PM
November 2009 ROTM

Pretty Arrogant statement there matey!
Remember one thing,your Bike is derived from our "Antiques".....

Old 11-26-2009, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by cbrsixpack
Pretty Arrogant statement there matey!
Remember one thing,your Bike is derived from our "Antiques".....
It was all jesting there cbrsixpack... I am amazed at how well kept you and the others have been able to keep these bikes... I used to have a 1990 VTR250 and it had all the same body work cues and was a pain to keep clean. I loved the bike, Honda did a lot of big things back then for the sportbike genre..

Once again good luck with the next 4 days..

Old 11-26-2009, 11:52 PM
November 2009 ROTM

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
It was all jesting there cbrsixpack... I am amazed at how well kept you and the others have been able to keep these bikes... I used to have a 1990 VTR250 and it had all the same body work cues and was a pain to keep clean. I loved the bike, Honda did a lot of big things back then for the sportbike genre..

Once again good luck with the next 4 days..
Yes,good luck to you also.
One thing to keep in mind,in 15-20 years from now,circa 2025 you can post your Bike in ROTM...............Now thats a long way off,can you handle the pressure? lol

Old 11-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well we all know what happened to the "Jester" when Batman got hold of him..............

Old 11-27-2009, 01:34 AM
November 2009 ROTM

Originally Posted by JHouse
But keep in mind, you can't ride it very much any more if you want to keep it perfect.
Isn't it off the road being repaired?Well there's a head start........

Old 11-27-2009, 03:39 AM
November 2009 ROTM

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
I swear I have never seen this many people with antique bikes in one place.. Dont get me wrong I think your bikes look nice, but they have old school technology.

Will a 1000F do 100 in first gear? How much does your bike weigh? 700 lbs? I mean I have seen people that weigh more than my bike.. I guess all in all it comes down to the fact that you have what was cream of the crop in the 90s but you have to understand that my bike is the best there is to offer. The '08-'10 model 1000RR out performs all previous year 1000's and wont be bested for a while.

I do have to say that you have a lot of work in your bike, I mean that much 20+ year old plastic has to be a pain to keep in good shape... you probably have enough plastic on one side of those 1000Fs to make the body work for 2-3 1000RRs. and the double cans are a thing of the past... or a thing a vtwin should have... or a gixxer.. wait, didnt the 2010 gixxer have two cans? I think it did... so I would have to call the 1000F the gixxer of the Liter Hondas... you all think about that when voting... vote for the real liter bike or the gixxer liter bike.....

hahaha... in all seriousness you all have nice bikes, I wish you all the best of luck, this has turned into a really close race...
Like i said ,in 15-20 years ,put your 1000 up for ROTM,we all do it ,coz we can,we know .Somehow im thinking a Museum Piece is all that would be posted,That is so sad for Honda .

LITRE: The Metric word is LITRE..............

Last edited by cbrsixpack; 11-27-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have a secret weapon but doctoring votes isn't it - we just have a lot of us on "our museum pieces" as they have been called, by some. They don't all get on the forum every day, so it takes time to get it all together.......................they do say that antiques are also a lot more valuable than modern stuff - something to do with quality and being well-loved and cared for, I guess...............
And like a good wine, taste improves with the age of the vintage.............
And if Steve-o sees you've stolen his couch, Chuckbear, there'll be hell to pay !!

Old 11-27-2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by cbrsixpack
:

LITRE: The Metric word is LITRE..............
Sorry in the States we call 1000cc a Liter... we spell it how it sounds.. we love phonetics...

Quick Reply: November 2009 ROTM Voting Thread