CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

yep Im the new guy...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yep Im the new guy...

whats going on everyone new to the forum... Started off on a 94 900 then went with the 02 954 back in the benning of 06... never had any issues with the bike what so ever until now don don don... so the other day stopped and got a bottle of water come back out turn the key on and bam no fuel pump and the rear blinkers are on solid and no headlight... so turn key on off few times with the kill switch nothing... next pop seat off check fuses... i pull the HL and dash fuses out pump turns on bike starts... put any of the two back in bike shuts off... pull fuse back out bike runs again... i hit the high beam light bike dies as well if i turn on the blinker pump shuts off and the rear blinker both blink and the neutral light blinks with it and there is a loud clicking noise coming from the front of the battery reset blinker bike runs and the fuses are still out... so i drive the bike home

so i check the battery connections take the rear plastic off swap the relays in the back also loosen up the tank check the pump andn the connections and still same issue... battery is two months old and sits on the trickle charger all the time... i dont know where else to start looking any suggestion would be very helpful Thanks -Mike-

Old 06-11-2012, 09:30 PM

Welcome, its more than likely a shorted wire, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM

So when you turn your high beams on it killed it?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 PM

Once I pulled the fuses the bike will run... Now while running I click on the high beams the fuel pump shuts off... I turn the high beams off the fp turns back on and the bike runs again... I'm so stumped it's not funny hahaha

Old 06-18-2012, 01:03 AM

Sounds like a bad ground wire somewhere.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:14 AM

i cleaned up the prongs in the connector and bent them in and it started right up. i all so took my hids out tell i get a relay and harness for the batt to ballast.

hope that helps u man good luck!!
chase

Attached Thumbnails yep Im the new guy...-imag0172.jpg