CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Woocraft or Motivation frame sliders

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Woocraft or Motivation frame sliders

couldnt figure out how to do a poll. was gunna go with vortex but they told me they dont make them for the 954 anymore. so woodcraft said they could do a custom order.
lmk which one yall prefer pros and cons. thanks

Old 07-21-2010, 03:22 PM

is there anything special about those brand sliders? why not just get a basic set that u can get at any normal shop instead of having to custom order them...

Old 07-21-2010, 05:36 PM

well i did a little research and those 2 names kept popping up along with vortex. the woodcraft is what i will probably go with because they seem more reliable (they are solid instead of hollow, and from what i hear they tend not to break as much.) its not costing anything extra to get them custom fit for the 954.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

why don't you just get a set off ebay and save a lot of money

Old 07-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
why don't you just get a set off ebay and save a lot of money

i would but i would rather not take the chance of them bein a piece. might as well get good ones now so i dont buy ****ty ones have them break and somethin else go wrong.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Expensive or not,chances are that when you go down,frame sliders won't be the only thing that will get damaged.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:55 PM

ive never seen a slider actually break. ive seen bikes where the bolt snapped before the slider, and they were not these "higher quality" sliders ur lookin up. sliders are a one-time use thing. i looked on the woodcraft site and they say they "contains 48% more material to grind down before replacement is needed". to me that is implying that you can use them more than once. that almost sounds like just a marketing technique because realistically who is going to ride around with sliders that are half worn down.

and the custom fit thing i dont get either because im pretty sure the most basic sliders will fit our 954 unlike other bikes where you sometimes need a notch cut out of them or something for clearance.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:59 PM

I've seen bolts break and the hollow sliders break. I've also seen junk no-cut sliders end up causing more problems and damage when they've bent into the plastics and/or frame. I've gone down and seen peeps go down (lowsides) where there was very little damage except for the sliders. Also, the very long sliders tend to catch and cause the bike to flip.

The Woodcraft are great, and yes, I've ridden a bunch more after one of them has ground down some (low side on a track). Street, I probably would not, but one of the "pros" is that I only have to replace the puck and not the whole slider.

Last edited by randyjoy; 07-22-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by devin318
i would but i would rather not take the chance of them bein a piece. might as well get good ones now so i dont buy ****ty ones have them break and somethin else go wrong.
well, sliders are sliders, no slider is going to help you above 50 mph. sliders only help low speed offs, or a drop in the driveway. i would rather put that money into other parts than overpriced nylon. the problem is that the bolts usually bend and if that happens to you, you're lookin at replacing $60 sliders as opposed to $10 ones.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by letsride
Expensive or not,chances are that when you go down,frame sliders won't be the only thing that will get damaged.
100% agreed. I think people fail to realize this. With vortex or woodcraft your paying for the name. You could buy 2 sets of ebay for the same price as one and now you have a replacement set IN THE EVENT you find yourself sliding across the ground.

Quick Reply: Woocraft or Motivation frame sliders